AAC Preview | The Boneyard

AAC Preview

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Some would say this Preview's most significant information is the dates for Texas, SC and Louisville, but for me conference play is our depth chart/rookie training ground and is very important.

Around The American: Looking At The Conference As UConn Moves To League Play

"The biggest surprise in the conference is Houston (10-3), off to its best start since 2004. It’s the first time since 2003 that the program notched 10 nonconference victories.

The Cougars were 12-19 last season and the program won 24 games over the past three seasons. This year’s start is a big step, as the Cougars’ losses have come to Power 5 programs (Texas A&M, Boston College, Rutgers).

Houston’s best player is sophomore guard Jasmyne Harris, who is sixth in the conference in scoring (18.0 points)."

Reaction Score
You would think after all these years of getting mauled by the Huskies, the other AAC teams would have improved and be more competitive. Is it budget constraints? Coaches? lack of support?

On the other hand, one can say the opposite about football, that UConn would catch up a bit with the other AAC teams instead of getting embarrassed year after year. Not lack of support for sure.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
You would think after all these years of getting mauled by the Huskies, the other AAC teams would have improved and be more competitive. Is it budget constraints? Coaches? lack of support?
"All these years" makes it sound much longer than what it's been (only 4 years). How long did it take the old Big East to become more competitive?

The budgets are certainly an issue. Schools in conferences like the Big East and the AAC (outside of UConn) just aren't competing on a level playing field with Power 5 schools. How many of the elite recruits seriously consider offers from these schools?

Reaction Score
Don't be shocked when Geno's rotation doesn't expand much beyond 8 players. The usual suspects will continue to play 95% of the minutes. I don't think we will see anything different (regarding playing time) than we are currently seeing. I don't recall Geno ever playing more than an 8 player rotation.

Reaction Score
Some would say this Preview's most significant information is the dates for Texas, SC and Louisville, but for me conference play is our depth chart/rookie training ground and is very important.

Around The American: Looking At The Conference As UConn Moves To League Play

"The biggest surprise in the conference is Houston (10-3), off to its best start since 2004. It’s the first time since 2003 that the program notched 10 nonconference victories.

The Cougars were 12-19 last season and the program won 24 games over the past three seasons. This year’s start is a big step, as the Cougars’ losses have come to Power 5 programs (Texas A&M, Boston College, Rutgers).

Houston’s best player is sophomore guard Jasmyne Harris, who is sixth in the conference in scoring (18.0 points)."
\
Nice posting! I enjoy the AAC games in that I get to see the Frosh and Soph's do their thing and see, if any, improvements as the year progresses. Up until the Ducquene game, having not seen much of Alexi and Coombs I had high hopes for AEH--obviously Walker is Walker--but those tw0 in their limited time impressed. Especially Mykala, speedy, quick hands, quick eyes, sees the floor--@oldude and others knew what they were seeing. One other guy saw that too--but he hardly counts---mr 1000

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom