AAC next year | The Boneyard

AAC next year

Reaction Score
Now that the AAC is officially done with basketball this season (not counting NIT...which I don't even know who's in that), who's the class of the conference next year? SMU, UCF, and Cincy seem to be the most likely. No idea who's leaving early for NBA, transfer, or otherwise so just looking at who's graduating/exhausting eligibility

Cincy - losing their frontcourt (Clark and Washington)
Wichita - losing like half their team (Frankamp, Morris, Willis, Nurger, Brown, Kelly)
Houston - losing Gray...nuff said (Gray, Davis)
Tulsa - losing best player (Etou, Henderson, Wheeler)
SMU - not losing much, and Shake Milton coming back from injury (Emelogu, Agau)
UCF - 2nd leading scorer gone, but that's it, and Taco back from injury (Davis)
Memphis - pretty much everyone coming back (Rivers)
Uconn - hopefully less turnover than last year, but all the important pieces should be back (Anderson, Onuorah, Larrier-NBA...)

Reaction Score
Now that the AAC is officially done with basketball this season (not counting NIT...which I don't even know who's in that), who's the class of the conference next year? SMU, UCF, and Cincy seem to be the most likely. No idea who's leaving early for NBA, transfer, or otherwise so just looking at who's graduating/exhausting eligibility

Cincy - losing their frontcourt (Clark and Washington)
Wichita - losing like half their team (Frankamp, Morris, Willis, Nurger, Brown, Kelly)
Houston - losing Gray...nuff said (Gray, Davis)
Tulsa - losing best player (Etou, Henderson, Wheeler)
SMU - not losing much, and Shake Milton coming back from injury (Emelogu, Agau)
UCF - 2nd leading scorer gone, but that's it, and Taco back from injury (Davis)
Memphis - pretty much everyone coming back (Rivers)
Uconn - hopefully less turnover than last year, but all the important pieces should be back (Anderson, Onuorah, Larrier-NBA...)
If UConn makes a good hire and they keep the bulk of their team, and maybe bring in one Top 100 player, a lineup of Adams-CV-Wilson-Gilbert, etc. will make us pretty darn good.

SMU should be good.

UCF should be good.

Cincy, WSU, and Houston will be pretty good because they have strong coaches (despite the NCAAs this year).

Memphis will have talent.

Reaction Score
UCF is old and talented.

If Tacko, BJ Taylor and Aubrey Dawkins, all play at one time they will be a top 5 defense in the country and a Top 25 squad.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
If the guys on our squad stay and we bring in another PG as well as make a great hire for coach I can see it being us and Cinci. We won’t have much turnover player wise which has killed us the last few years. If Adams goes then we’ll struggle

Reaction Score
Without real shooting talent being added I don’t see us as real good, but maybe better than this year. One of the bad shooting teams in college, and I don’t buy in on the summer “cure” for Jalen, Gilbert, or Vital.

Reaction Score
Without real shooting talent being added I don’t see us as real good, but maybe better than this year. One of the bad shooting teams in college, and I don’t buy in on the summer “cure” for Jalen, Gilbert, or Vital.
Vital is a good shooter. He just needs to work on shot selection. Jalen also shot the ball better towards the end of the year

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I think people will be surprised how much a good coach can improve this team. Think we'll be in a nice spot next year in a down but not that bad conference.

We need some help in the back court. If not Akinjo, we need two guards.

Reaction Score
Wichita State has one of their best recruiting classes yet, and when have they really slipped with this coach - I wouldn't sleep on them.

It's too bad all of the AAC teams essentially got beat by a bucket at the end, a couple of bad bounces here and there and all 3 could still be playing.

If Penny Hardaway brings in Larry Brown as rumored as his assistant - watch out the man can coach and Penny has mad connects to top AAU talent that he most likely will be able to fortify Memphis with.

Reaction Score
Crazy how the AAC fumbles every year in this tourney. Wichita ran into crazy shooting, Houston lost at the buzzer, cinci chokes up a lead... in the past SMU got screwed by the refs. Always seems to be something. As long as UConn is in the AAC, we need to continue to root for the teams in it. Tough blow this year.

Reaction Score
We need some help in the back court. If not Akinjo, we need two guards.
I don't think we're screwed if we only have 3 guards, although it's likely we get a 4th. Sid Wilson, Matthews, and maybe Polley are versatile enough to cover.

Reaction Score
The out-of-conference wins and losses will define the AAC. This year, the teams in NCAA tournament received some respectable seedings

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Evans gonna go pro I think. It'll be Cumberlands team next year.

Reaction Score
SMU:

Shake most likely is gone to the NBA...slight chance he stays
Foster’s coming back from his second knee surgery... out until late summer.
Agau is most likely done.

Still short two scholarships due to probation... the last two though.

One 6’8” wing signed (Feron Hunt) coming in.... he’ll matter.
Also redshirting his 6’9” teammate Jahmar Young.... a project.

Working the JUCO market hard right now for Shake’s replacement and a big.

Reaction Score
We need to play better defense, rebound better, and get some interior scoring before we can be considered a good team. BTW is there a team that plays harder than UMBC? Not a lot of talent but those kids compete. If their coach ends up at ECU they are going to be a pain in our but t

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Wichita State has one of their best recruiting classes yet, and when have they really slipped with this coach - I wouldn't sleep on them.

It's too bad all of the AAC teams essentially got beat by a bucket at the end, a couple of bad bounces here and there and all 3 could still be playing.

If Penny Hardaway brings in Larry Brown as rumored as his assistant - watch out the man can coach and Penny has mad connects to top AAU talent that he most likely will be able to fortify Memphis with.

Honestly, losing Frankamp is addition by subtraction. He took way too many shots, and missed a ton of them late in the year. Was terrible in the tournament.

UConn with a new coach can certainly compete with any team in this league next year. I am very excited to see it happen, as the optics will be very important. If UConn can rebound quickly with a new coach, we will be "back" very rapidly.

Reaction Score
Honestly, losing Frankamp is addition by subtraction. He took way too many shots, and missed a ton of them late in the year. Was terrible in the tournament.

UConn with a new coach can certainly compete with any team in this league next year. I am very excited to see it happen, as the optics will be very important. If UConn can rebound quickly with a new coach, we will be "back" very rapidly.
I mean, 10-17 (and 6-10 from 3) + 1-1 from the line for 27 points, 3 boards, only 2 assists but just 2 turnovers. That is a solid game.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I mean, 10-17 (and 6-10 from 3) + 1-1 from the line for 27 points, 3 boards, only 2 assists but just 2 turnovers. That is a solid game.

Yeah, I'll just hit myself with a solid object. He missed every shot I saw him take it seemed. Maybe I was remembering the Houston game. 3-9 for 7 points.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I'll just hit myself with a solid object. He missed every shot I saw him take it seemed. Maybe I was remembering the Houston game. 3-9 for 7 points.
Oh houston he was pretty darn bad. Awful even.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
We need to play better defense, rebound better, and get some interior scoring before we can be considered a good team. BTW is there a team that plays harder than UMBC? Not a lot of talent but those kids compete. If their coach ends up at ECU they are going to be a pain in our but t

These can be greatly improved with good coaching. Interior scoring much less so.

Reaction Score
If we find a good CEO then UConn takes 1st place (roster in tact with a few key additions). On the other hand if we hire the equivalent of a Penny Stock CEO we finish 5th. It could go either way. Trust me I know these things.

I hear all the boooooooooooooooooo's. :mad:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom