AAC New Logo | Page 3 | The Boneyard

AAC New Logo

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I don’t care what it looks like. You don’t change the mark after the signature wins against Auburn, Florida State, OU, Louisville, Baylor, etc. That’s just marketing 101.
If you change your logo after National Championships in 99, 2004, 2011 and 2013 because you got a deal from Nike you can change anything after anything. Especially if the new one is worse than the original.

Reaction Score
I personally don’t care if they change the logo. The current one is fine. A little too busy for my taste but not awful. What is interesting is the effort to be known as the American which hasn’t really caught on. Too long I think. And AAC just gets confusing. AmCon maybe would be better.

As far as the league itself goes, the football side is better than anyone ever imagined. And really as good as any really. I doubt any other league champ would have relished playing UCF last year or the Houston team that beat Oklahoma and Louisville handily or even the UCF team that won the Peach avfew years ago. The HUGE disappointment has been the basketball side. If you told me a league with UConn Memphis Temple Cincinatti and Wichita State wouldn’t regularly have 5-6 bids I wouldn’t believe it. We and several of the others really spit the bit.

Reaction Score
I really think they should have kept the Big East name.

Reaction Score
OMG someone tell them it's misspelled before they put it on the floor!!!!!!;)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
OMG someone tell them it's misspelled before they put it on the floor!!!!!!;)
It's the new marketing plan. Combine athletic with electric to create a new term to describe the exciting play int the conference:
upload_2018-7-18_12-34-13.png

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Keep the second "c" for Athlectric to highlight the eclectic nature of a geographically-dispersed conference that includes a state flagship, state secondaries, former metropolitans, directionals, religiously-affiliated schools, and even a major US Service academy in the lead sport.

Sadly, it cannot core a apple.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Now that I think of it, the American Athletic Conference is an atrocious name.
Beyond that, like someone said, the acronym sounds like the ACC.

What a disaster, how did people agree on that?

It's the most vanilla, nothing, conference name.

The logo generally sucks too.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

My recollection is that they were fully aware of this, and at the announcement made a point to say how they were going to emphasize "The American", rather than the AAC acronym. If you look at the branding posted you will see that they do that. There is no AAC logo. It's the big A and "American".

Naturally however, sports fans are used to using acronyms for college conferences. Ivy avoiding it by being only three letters as it is. So people began using the confusing AAC. The didn't want "USA" because they aspired to be seen as better than the old Conference USA. While the name isn't ideal, I haven't seen many better ideas floated. "Big" is overused. Pacific and Atlantic are taken. Metro is another old one they didn't want to revive, but I think "Metro Atlantic Conference" would have captured what we are. Still you've got an acronym conflict with the MAC.

Reaction Score

Hasn’t been revealed yet, but the process has began to put it in place. The conference already struggles with brand recognition, so why change the logo to throw people off?
Be on the lookout for any leaked pictures.

Is the logo just a bunch of empty seats?

Reaction Score

They wanted to be first in the phone book. How'd that work out?
standings.jpg

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Anyone want to volunteer to become the Uconn priest to help us get back into the Big East?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom