AAC needs a challenge series vs. SEC OR PAC12 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

AAC needs a challenge series vs. SEC OR PAC12

Reaction Score
SEC might make the most sense geographically for the league.

Also for selfish reasons....

Reaction Score
Christ, we (AAC) would get murdered if we faced the Big 12, Big 10 or ACC. It'd be tough to see us winning 1 or 2 games and even that would be dependant on matchups

Reaction Score
A Pac 12 challenge would be the best one we could get just based off of the results we could get but I don't think its very likely we get a challenge period

Reaction Score
I don't care how many more bids the A-10 gets. It's still the Atlantic 10.
Either schedule a P5 series or no conference series and play a Florida State in New Jersey.

An AAC/A-10 series does no favors optics-wise in the AAC's bid to be a P6 conference.

Imagine still thinking the AAC might become a power conference.

Reaction Score

If UConn and Memphis start looking like UConn and Memphis again, no one will care about Tulane or ECU any more than they care about DePaul, Rutgers, Washington State, etc.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Imagine misinterpreting what I said.
The AAC is trying to improve its standing as a conference, and one of those methods is by using the term "P6". I never said I think the AAC might become a power conference, the AAC thinks the AAC can become a power conference, and as far as I'm concerned, all the power to them. Being in this conference, knowing how we just missed out on a P5 invite, is painful.

But tell me, would you rather associate yourself with the A-10 or have no conference series at all and just use the power of the UConn brand to schedule someone better?

Also, the AAC can become a very good basketball conference. No, not the ACC or old Big East, but very good. If you can't see that as a possibility with Memphis pulling in a number 1 recruit, Hurley recruiting his tail off, and other perennial NCAA contenders, then I don't know what to tell you.

pj

Reaction Score
But tell me, would you rather associate yourself with the A-10 or have no conference series at all and just use the power of the UConn brand to schedule someone better?

This is the main point. Unless it's a marquee game, UConn can schedule better on its own, and is better off having the extra home game for revenue.

The conference would benefit from a challenge with a major conference, but the major conference wouldn't, so it won't happen.

Reaction Score
SEC, P12, B10, B12, ACC all say the same thing: Yes to a challenge, but not a lower level conference. Not marketable and of no value competition wise.

UConn has won 4 NC's in the last 20 years and the PAC 12 and Big 12 have only won two apiece in the last 40 years, so maybe we don't want to play down to them either.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The new MVC-MWC one had some strange matchups in it. And Nevada-Loyola.

I think SEC would make the most sense. All of these would be good right off the top just based on history/rivalry:

UK-UConn
Florida-UConn
UK-Cincy
Tennessee-Memphis
Vandy-Memphis
A&M-Houston
A&M-SMU
LSU-Tulane
Arkansas-Tulsa
commissioner@theamerican.org

Reaction Score
it's gotta be the PAC since they dont have a matchup and woulnd't take as much convincing.

i might be at peace with the AAC by now if it werent for ECSU and Tulsa. Tulane at least is in a good market and has top tier academics (whatever that's worth)...

can we replace ECSU with Army (football only) and maybe st joes (bball only)? we already have navy and wichita as one sport members.

then replace tulsa with a mid major with both decent football and bball... BYU would be awesome those mormons are loaded and have a great following.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom