AAC LOGO RELEASED | Page 2 | The Boneyard

AAC LOGO RELEASED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is just a stab in the dark but I wouldn't be surprised if the elongated star is representative of the conference footprint.

For example, we are located in the most elongated point of the star with the other points touching the other geographic sections we have schools in.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
I liked the old "white" version of the "A" logo. White is more traditional.
Oops, I just had a flashback! ;)

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I am not going to say I predicted the double outline A with the star in the center. (I did) It's just the inevitable conclusion to a very predictable rebranding effort.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
I don't get the elongated star part at all, but I'm fine with the rest of it.

The elongated star points to UConn in the northeast corner and symbolizes the biggest solar flare in the conference. The only question is whether the flare symbolizes escape, ejection or expulsion from the conference, or will the flare be sucked back to the surface in an arc under weight of gravity.

Reaction Score
This is just a stab in the dark but I wouldn't be surprised if the elongated star is representative of the conference footprint.
For example, we are located in the most elongated point of the star with the other points touching the other geographic sections we have schools in.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

This was the one major concession Manuel and Herbst were able to secure for UConn.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I am not going to say I predicted the double outline A with the star in the center. (I did) It's just the inevitable conclusion to a very predictable rebranding effort.

Link to that post?

Reaction Score
The good thing about the logo is its pretty simple. The red star is a little wierd but other than that it seems like they didnt try and outdo themselves.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Link to that post?

I believe there were two. But, I'm waiting on a flight to an exotic tropical location, so you'll need to search for it yourself.

Reaction Score
I actually kind of like it. The star is a bit funky looking but I can see that being a brandable icon in itself after a few years.

Reaction Score
The wordmark is better than the logo, but the C is just....strange.
I hadn't noticed it until you mentioned it, but the C is too big or something. Almost like the took a slightly different font or something.

Reaction Score
I guess it's a matter of taste. I still like this better.

I now feel like I'm back to 16 years old doing this:

adriana_lima_022.jpg

Adriana-Lima-Feet-0025.jpg

That being "shown" Alba is great.

Reaction Score
Reminds me of the Houston Astros for some reason. I mean its a conference logo for a NEW conference, hard to get excited for it or be disappointed by it. It is just a..... logo for a conference were not thrilled to be in.

Reaction Score
The elongated star points to UConn in the northeast corner and symbolizes the biggest solar flare in the conference. The only question is whether the flare symbolizes escape, ejection or expulsion from the conference, or will the flare be sucked back to the surface in an arc under weight of gravity.

jacobscourant: That star on the new AAC logo is pointing at Piscataway, N.J., and asking, "Tell me again. How the hell did Rutgers get into the Big Ten?"

Reaction Score
A poor man's Jessica Alba, but I'd call her within 24 hrs of the first date. She's good arm candy for a Saturday afternoon matinee.

On this board, a poor man's <insert model here> would suffice.

Reaction Score
A poor man's Jessica Alba, but I'd call her within 24 hrs of the first date. She's good arm candy for a Saturday afternoon matinee.

That's one logo I could have gotten behind.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
jacobscourant: That star on the new AAC logo is pointing at Piscataway, N.J., and asking, "Tell me again. How the hell did Rutgers get into the Big Ten?"
Funny.

I was thinking it does represent the conference well. Top heavy and pointing to the northeast.

Reaction Score
Probably a pretty good thing at this rate...:p

Rutgers is planning on being un-American:

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/team/1369935017-152-924/rutgers-will-not-display-america.html

>> Of all the issues swirling around Rutgers these days, it turns out the school is also un-American.

That is, it won't be displaying the new American Athletic Conference logo, released today, on any of its athletic fields or facilities, according to interim athletic director Carl Kirschner.

The football field at High Point Solutions Stadium and the court at the Rutgers Athletic Center, which currently display the Big East logo prominently, will be conference-free for the coming athletic year, which Rutgers will spend in the American Athletic Conference before heading to the Big Ten in 2014.

"Our current plans are not to display any (conference) logo until we proudly display the Big Ten logo in 2014," Kirschner said.<<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom