AAC Home and Away Schedules | Page 2 | The Boneyard

AAC Home and Away Schedules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Agreed. Some in our fan base seem to be a little too cocky after the year we had last year.

I agree, we have no business turning our noses up to schools with better programs (Cincy, UCF, ECU). My frustration with this new phase (yr 2) of the AAC is that the conference seeming takes a huge hit losing the Vill and getting basketball RPI killers and lower quality football schools.

I think a 10 team football conference with ECU & Navy for Rutgers & Louisville would be much more palatable.

Reaction Score
Smells like 6-2 or 5-3 at the worst, we're Bowling baby!!!!

The 4 OOC games. BYU, Stonybrook, Boise and Army should end up at worst 2-2 and best 3-1. I just can't see us sweeping BYU and BSU. If that happens then 2014 will be off to an exciting start. Of the conference games best guess would be: Cincy, L, UCF, L, Temple, W, SMU, W, ECU, L Temple, W, USF, W, Memphis, W.
So my optimistic-relatively realistic projection is 7-5 and at best 8-4. After the past three years, if they gave us 7-5 right now, we should take it. 8-4 or better would be divine intervention!

Reaction Score
I agree, we have no business turning our noses up to schools with better programs (Cincy, UCF, ECU). My frustration with this new phase (yr 2) of the AAC is that the conference seeming takes a huge hit losing the Vill and getting basketball RPI killers and lower quality football schools.

I think a 10 team football conference with ECU & Navy for Rutgers & Louisville would be much more palatable.

Every conference team can't be a top 10. They all have shining stars and mediocre teams . Why should the AAC be any different? SO-So P5 teams - SEC - Kentucky, Vandy, Miss. State, Miss and Arkansas. B1G - Purdue, Indiana, MN, Rutgers and MD. ACC - Virginia, Wake Forest, BC, Cuse. PAC 12- Wash State, Utah, Colorado, Cal. Big 12- Kansas, Iowa State.
Granted the AAC has more question marks and more to prove. But the point is not everyone in a given conference can be in the Alpha category.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It is kind of nice to stick out as the most prestigious athletic department in this conference. We're only going to be noticed. Enjoy it until people start sticking up their noses up at us. Michigan and Ohio State fans are spoiled rotten.

Reaction Score
It is kind of nice to stick out in this conference as the most prestigious athletic department in this conference. We're only going to be noticed.
This post reminds me of the whole lipstick on a pig a thingy.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
It is kind of nice to stick out as the most prestigious athletic department in this conference.
I would trade this claim in a heartbeat for an invite to any of the P5 conferences. What does being the most prestigious athletic department in the AAC get you? A trip to the Boca Raton Bowl and a horrific TV deal. I'll pass thanks. You think Rutgers or MD is gonna lose sleep being a doormat and making 15-20 million a year? Hell no.

Reaction Score
We'd be a middling athletic department in the ACC or the B1G. When did I say anything against going to the P5?

Reaction Score
Stop bitching about the conference. It's old now. If we have an opportunity to leave, we will. Until then, let's try to win some football games.
YAAAAYYYY!! I was thinking the exact same thing when I read your post.

Reaction Score
It is kind of nice to stick out as the most prestigious athletic department in this conference. We're only going to be noticed. Enjoy it until people start sticking up their noses up at us. Michigan and Ohio State fans are spoiled rotten.

If dealing with those rotten B1G fans at the Rent is our biggest issue, I can deal with it :)

Reaction Score

The idea is to get to at least 12 so that you can have a reasonable season culminating in a televised conference championship show case type of game.

Reaction Score
The idea is to get to at least 12 so that you can have a reasonable season culminating in a televised conference championship show case type of game.

I get that but at what point does adding teams only devalue your product? Isn't that the biggest argument right now as to why we're not in the ACC/B1G... because we don't bring enough value to said conference by ourselves? Based on the way the AAC is trending, we'll dominate ESPN3 during football season and UConn/Cincy/Memphis basketball games will make it on ESPN but out side of that I don't see how 2 more non-headline schools add value.

Is one extra UCF/Cincy football game worth it? Now that it is upon us in 2014-15 I just question the reasoning.

*Disclaimer: I know the AAC ship has sailed. I support UConn not matter who they are playing and I want us to us win the AAC in every sport. (I can't wait until we're in the B1G though).

Reaction Score
On the bright side, we get our toughest games at home for the most part and we have terrific destinations for those looking to travel to an away game. Our conference is what it is, but this is all we can hope for from our AAC schedule. We'll need at least 5 conference wins if we want a bowl game against a P5 opponent and we should be able to do that assuming Diaco puts a good team on the field.

Reaction Score
Stop bitching about the conference. It's old now. If we have an opportunity to leave, we will. Until then, let's try to win some football games.
No, there is no try, lets just WIN Football games...This is inferior competition, no reason to not go in with the attitude win EACH Week!

Reaction Score
This post reminds me of the whole lipstick on a pig a thingy.

a sexy pig dressed in Nina's orange bikini

Oh well after a bottle of Tequilla it looks like the real deal.

Reaction Score
Makes me want to vomit. The good news is that I'd like to think major fires have been lit to get this fixed fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom