AAC Football | The Boneyard

AAC Football

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
I know - it's a dumpster fire of a conference, everyone has one foot out the door, it sucks playing directional schools when we should be with other land grant universities, etc.

All that being said, you would need some serious blinders on not to see that this conference actually doesn't suck at football, at least this year.

AAC W/L Record against G5, FCS and Independent: 15-1
AAC W/L Record against P5: 6-7

The one loss in the first group was Temple going down to Army who looks pretty good this year. By the way, if Temple massacred Stony Brook who took Richmond to the woodshed who crushed Virginia who we only beat by three points because they screwed up so badly in the last minute, what does that mean for us? Absoduckinglutely nothing.

In the P5 games, there were certainly some blowout losses (against Ohio State and Michigan - two of the best teams in the country right now), but there were also some very close, competitive games. UCF going down in 2OT to Maryland, ECU losing to USCe by 5, Temple losing to PSU by 7, Tulane barely losing to Wake.

This conference isn't amazing, it might not be as good as the Old Big East, but it certainly isn't a dumpster fire in football. It is holding its own so far and next week has some pretty interesting games. USF / FSU, us against the fruit, ECU / VaTech. Win 2 out of 3 and the AAC will be .500 against P5.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Although I agree with you, this would be something a Memphis fan would post.

I'm rooting for Houston to run the table and then drag us to the P5. That's my AAC outlook.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Although I agree with you, this would be something a Memphis fan would post.

I'm rooting for Houston to run the table and then drag us to the P5. That's my AAC outlook.

I know - anyone who says anything about the AAC that doesn't say it sucks balls is going to get marginalized around here. Just trying to discuss something other than "we should fire our coach" when it obviously won't happen.

Reaction Score
It's a football-centric conference, obviously. If the Big 12 does not expand, that would obviously be good for the conference as it gives time for the programs that have been/are rebuilding more time to continue their progression. The schools that have been steadily successful in recent years are UH, Cincinnati, Navy and ECU. Only 3 schools have losing records right now. Should be 2.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I know - anyone who says anything about the AAC that doesn't say it sucks balls is going to get marginalized around here. Just trying to discuss something other than "we should fire our coach" when it obviously won't happen.
I agree, was being facetious. Obviously firing BD would do more harm than good. We should see changes at the OC before this happens.

And the only reason we complain about the AAC is because we came from a much better conference. Actually you might be able to debate that the AAC is better in football. Regardless, it's not that bad. It's just not where we belong nor where we want to be.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
This conference isn't amazing, it might not be as good as the Old Big East, but it certainly isn't a dumpster fire in football. It is holding its own so far and next week has some pretty interesting games. USF / FSU, us against the fruit, ECU / VaTech. Win 2 out of 3 and the AAC will be .500 against P5.

I think if you got a truly objective view from everyone on this conference, they would say that it's a solid football league. But the issue is not the quality of play for us, unfortunately. It's the money. And Husky Nation has a relative hatred for the conference because the money gap puts us at a severe disadvantage to our rival institutions.

They got a giant pay raise, and we got a giant pay cut...

Reaction Score
I know - it's a dumpster fire of a conference, everyone has one foot out the door, it sucks playing directional schools when we should be with other land grant universities, etc.

All that being said, you would need some serious blinders on not to see that this conference actually doesn't suck at football, at least this year.

The one loss in the first group was Temple going down to Army who looks pretty good this year. By the way, if Temple massacred Stony Brook who took Richmond to the woodshed who crushed Virginia who we only beat by three points because they screwed up so badly in the last minute, what does that mean for us? Abso inglutely nothing.

In the P5 games, there were certainly some blowout losses (against Ohio State and Michigan - two of the best teams in the country right now), but there were also some very close, competitive games. UCF going down in 2OT to Maryland, ECU losing to USCe by 5, Temple losing to PSU by 7, Tulane barely losing to Wake.

This is not a bad league at all. Everyone hates it because all of our former league foes are making 10 times what we get in TV money and we will surely get left in the dust if something doesn't change. The product on the field, however is not bad. There is a big difference between this league top to bottom than the sun belt, the mac and conf USA. The teams look different, the home crowds look different.

If the Big 12 chooses to not expand at all, it will be interesting to see what Aresco can do with this league in the next contract.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Don't steal Whaler11's schitck. He does it better than you.

Reaction Score

The one loss in the first group was Temple going down to Army who looks pretty good this year. By the way, if Temple massacred Stony Brook who took Richmond to the woodshed who crushed Virginia who we only beat by three points because they screwed up so badly in the last minute, what does that mean for us? Abso inglutely nothing.

Get your head out of the sand. The AAC plays quality football. Rather than talking about this endlessly why don't you embrace the present and just support UConn. This constant obsession with what conference we're in is old. We all what to be in a bigger conference. Enough said. Now go to every game and get behind UConn unconditionally.

Reaction Score
The AAC has played very well, Houston may very well play in the final four given that a lot of high profile teams have lost 2 games. If they run the table like i think they will, they will be in the final four. Louisville will lose a WTF game, ND, Oklahoma have 2 losses and Michigan will probably lose to Oh St.

It will be very interesting to watch it all play out

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I'm afraid the AAC has Big East disease: pretty good in football and extremely underrated.

We're fringe P5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer