AAC Conference Awards? | The Boneyard

AAC Conference Awards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
Anyone know how many on first team--5 or 10?

I think some awards are pretty obvious:

POY: Stewart
FOY: Scaife

DPOY
So usually this is based on steals and blocks, rightfully or wrongly. The leaders in those categories are both from RU--Davis and Hollivay. But all RU fans know Davis is the best defender on the team, so I guess she may get nod.

First team:
Stewart, UConn
Hartley, UConn
Dolson, UConn
Jefferson, UConn
Schimmel, Lou
Scaife, RU
Copper, RU
Asia Taylor, Lou
Mays, SMU
Then either Hearn for Memphis or Williams for USF

Close considerations: Hammond (Lou), Laney (RU), Fitzgerald (Temple), Randolph (Cincy), Simpson (SMU)

Thoughts?

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
There's still a chance that USF could finish 3rd in the AAC and from that bid for a tourney spot, so maybe should be represented on the conference team. So yeah, the team's top scorer and second leading rebounder Courtney Williams could be a selection. The other possibility on the Bulls is the league's leading rebounder Alisia Jenkins, a status that normally earns a few looks though she averages under 10 ppg.

Reaction Score
Anyone know how many on first team--5 or 10?

I think some awards are pretty obvious:

POY: Stewart
FOY: Scaife

DPOY
So usually this is based on steals and blocks, rightfully or wrongly. The leaders in those categories are both from RU--Davis and Hollivay. But all RU fans know Davis is the best defender on the team, so I guess she may get nod.

First team:
Stewart, UConn
Hartley, UConn
Dolson, UConn
Jefferson, UConn
Schimmel, Lou
Scaife, RU
Copper, RU
Asia Taylor, Lou
Mays, SMU
Then either Hearn for Memphis or Williams for USF

Close considerations: Hammond (Lou), Laney (RU), Fitzgerald (Temple), Randolph (Cincy), Simpson (SMU)

Thoughts?
Since UConn has the best overall defense in the league (and probably in the country) and leads in team blocks with three of the national leaders in blocked shots, why isn't there a consideration for one of our girls to be voted defensive player of the year???? I know there's a difference between team defense and individual defense but what are the views of others here who have seen more of these other league teams than I have, since I get a limited amount of games from being out of state.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Since UConn has the best overall defense in the league (and probably in the country) and leads in team blocks with three of the national leaders in blocked shots, why isn't there a consideration for one of our girls to be voted defensive player of the year???? I know there's a difference between team defense and individual defense but what are the views of others here who have seen more of these other league teams than I have, since I get a limited amount of games from being out of state.
There probably will be consideration - I have no idea on defensive player. It "is" often the leader in blocks, both in the W and in the old BE. OTH every once in a while, voters go for steals. I find it the least intuitively obvious of rewards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom