AAC commissioner stepping down | The Boneyard

AAC commissioner stepping down

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Pa-too-ie.

Reaction Score
1) I hate this guy
2) I would happily watch UConn as football-only in the AAC for as long as college football still exists as it does today

Reaction Score
The AAC couldn't help losing who they lost. I question some of the additions to replace who they lost. Instead of cherry picking top G5 programs, they picked programs in major media markets.

They added all Conference USA schools, when they should have added the best of CUSA, Sun Belt, and MAC.

The Sun Belt is now a better conference than the AAC because of the teams in it, even if it doesn't make as much money.

Reaction Score
The AAC couldn't help losing who they lost. I question some of the additions to replace who they lost. Instead of cherry picking top G5 programs, they picked programs in major media markets.

They added all Conference USA schools, when they should have added the best of CUSA, Sun Belt, and MAC.

The Sun Belt is now a better conference than the AAC because of the teams in it, even if it doesn't make as much money.
I don't think those Sun Belt teams want to give up a good thing for a few extra million. The money isn't going to make you more competitive against the P5/4 anyway so why messed with something that is working so well.

Reaction Score

The problem with that idea is the neither the MAC schools or Sun Belt schools were coming and they did take the most of best of CUSA.

Reaction Score
So will a new commish have any bearing on whether the AAC would take another football only member? And if so, who would it invite based on CR#1?

UConn, Army, Navy, Temple, ECU, Charlotte, USF would be a nice eastern flank.

Reaction Score
So will a new commish have any bearing on whether the AAC would take another football only member? And if so, who would it invite based on CR#1?

UConn, Army, Navy, Temple, ECU, Charlotte, USF would be a nice eastern flank.

I like the way you are thinking. Maybe a new philosophy and a need to correct on some weak sauce adds.

-Boost the football budget
-Get NIL up to $1.5M
-Profit

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak