AAC Coaching Carousel | Page 2 | The Boneyard

AAC Coaching Carousel

Reaction Score
Conversely, getting Musselman or, to a lesser extent, Avery Johnson would be nice for the conference.

How is Musselman not being mentioned for the UCLA job?
Yeah how on earth did it take 20 posts for someone to comment on that. If Musselman's next stop is SMU then Temple should go after Nate Oats lol.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
FWIW on the Nebraska board I post on they’ve also been mentioning Musselman to SMU. I think his wife has a connection to Dallas somehow

Reaction Score
I'm surprised Musselman isn't a being linked to the UCLA job. Walton would be a safe pick (I think?) for them, remember he did coach with Pastner at Memphis during the NCAA lock out a few years back.

I don't see why Nate Oats would come to the conference (and besides Aaron McKie is the next guy up at Temple anyways), seems to be pretty lateral if you ask me from where he has this Buffalo program. He's a midwest guy, so I wonder if one of the B10 teams will come knocking.

Cronin in UCLA would be a disaster, we all know that. I really don't see what job is an improvement for him.

Reaction Score
Perhaps Will Wade will take the Tulane job?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I believe he rebuffed UCLA. He likely requires a UK, Duke, KU, UNC-esque job to leave.

And nobodies' leaving those soon. K will coach til he dies at 95.

The longer he stays, the more likely he is to not leave in the future. We're at 12 years now.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Wichita vs. Connecticut

One is a town of 300,000, one is a state of 3.6 million people.

I highly doubt that Wichita State enabled a cable channel to charge 1 million cable subscribers an extra $1 per month for the rights to its basketball teams.

Which makes it that much more of an indictment on our fan base that their average attendence is higher than ours.

Do you people even think this stuff out before typing?

You just made a great case on why UConn fans suck. Ill hand you that.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I'm surprised Musselman isn't a being linked to the UCLA job. Walton would be a safe pick (I think?) for them, remember he did coach with Pastner at Memphis during the NCAA lock out a few years back.

Depends how soon LeBron fires Walton though. Timing is part of these things as filling a MCBB HC position is often first come first serve with the good candidates.

I don't see why Nate Oats would come to the conference (and besides Aaron McKie is the next guy up at Temple anyways), seems to be pretty lateral if you ask me from where he has this Buffalo program. He's a midwest guy, so I wonder if one of the B10 teams will come knocking.

Oats isn't going to leave for a couple years imo. He signed his extension, bought a million dollar "dream" home, his wife is cancer free now and extremely into it.

Plus, I see him as the kind of guy who wants to get it done with the kids he's recruiting at the moment. He's a puncher.

He'll leave, but it will be for the big time. He can wait.

Cronin in UCLA would be a disaster, we all know that. I really don't see what job is an improvement for him.

Is anybody really gonna hire the Leprechaun? I just don't see it. Half of the Cinci fanbase would be ecstatic.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Which makes it that much more of an indictment on our fan base that their average attendence is higher than ours.

When we start winning, they'll come back. CT fans are wine and cheese front runners. Sad but true.

Reaction Score
FWIW on the Nebraska board I post on they’ve also been mentioning Musselman to SMU. I think his wife has a connection to Dallas somehow
That would be a huge coup for them and the conference. I don't think Jank is a bad coach at all, but he doesn't recruit well.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Eh, we’re really more pizza and beer front runners tbh.

We on the Boneyard absolutely, not so sure about the casual fan.

Reaction Score
Search: “Causal UConn fans of Fairfield County”

Result: <404 error>
Umm, excuse me. As a casual Fairfield county based fan, I take offense to this statement.

Reaction Score

And that counts for what? Nothing.

If you think attendance determines relevance, then let's join forces with the A10, because Rhody and Dayton ain't so bad attendance-wise. But yes, UConn fans suck -- after all, some of them like myself do't like to see the program split their very meager pie with a school in a very tiny market, just because that school made it deep into the NCAAs twice. You're better off with Rhody, Dayton, or for that matter, New Mexico, which is practically as far away.

Reaction Score
Houston just poached Dana Holgorsen from Morgantown.

The Houston and Wichita State jobs are backed by Fertitta and Koch money.

Besides that fact, Sampson is in his 60s. Does he really want to take on another rebuild? He already has a team in the Top 20. I don’t see how that makes sense on either side.

Reaction Score
Yeah how on earth did it take 20 posts for someone to comment on that. If Musselman's next stop is SMU then Temple should go after Nate Oats lol.
It's not impossible. SMU may not be the most historic program but it in a hotbed for recruiting, has plenty of money to give, Moody is brand new, sanctions are gone next year, and the AAC is getting better and better. Plus Mussleman has plenty of family in Dallas. I wouldn't discount that. You never know. Would be a great get for the conference.

But first, Jank has to be fired immediately following our 1st rd loss in the AAC tournament

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Houston just poached Dana Holgorsen from Morgantown.

The Houston and Wichita State jobs are backed by Fertitta and Koch money.

Besides that fact, Sampson is in his 60s. Does he really want to take on another rebuild? He already has a team in the Top 20. I don’t see how that makes sense on either side.
If the school is big enough, maybe?

Reaction Score
It's not impossible. SMU may not be the most historic program but it in a hotbed for recruiting, has plenty of money to give, Moody is brand new, sanctions are gone next year, and the AAC is getting better and better. Plus Mussleman has plenty of family in Dallas. I wouldn't discount that. You never know. Would be a great get for the conference.

But first, Jank has to be fired immediately following our 1st rd loss in the AAC tournament
Don't get me wrong I'd be over the moon if it happened I just would be absolutely stunned. Musselman in the conference would mean we would be up to 6 programs in my mind that would expect to make the tourney every year (UConn, Cinci, Houston, WSU, Memphis and SMU). At that point in an "up" year I could see the American legitimately competing with the big boys and bringing in 7-8 bids if one of the outside program has a nice year.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
lmao mick to ucla would be hilarious. horrible fit. would make me quite happy tho :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom