AAC Championship TV Rating | The Boneyard

AAC Championship TV Rating

Reaction Score
Not sure if this deserves its own thread, but I thought it deserved to be mentioned here and I didn't know what thread to put it in:

The AAC championship game scored a 2.3 rating, equaling the rating for the PAC 12 championship game.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Not sure if this deserves its own thread, but I thought it deserved to be mentioned here and I didn't know what thread to put it in:

The AAC championship game scored a 2.3 rating, equaling the rating for the PAC 12 championship game.

Per one of your links, the AAC Championship game had 3.4MM viewers vs the MWC Championship game between Boise St and Fresno with 623k viewers. That's a rather brightline difference in public interest.

"Rounding out the group of five action, the Boise State-Fresno State Mountain West Championship had a 0.39 (-11%) and 623,000 (-13%) on ESPN in primetime."

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The AAC title game was on network TV. The PAC 12 and MWC were on cable.

The MWC was against the ACC and Big Ten.

Reaction Score
Per one of your links, the AAC Championship game had 3.4MM viewers vs the MWC Championship game between Boise St and Fresno with 623k viewers. That's a rather brightline difference in public interest.

"Rounding out the group of five action, the Boise State-Fresno State Mountain West Championship had a 0.39 (-11%) and 623,000 (-13%) on ESPN in primetime."

Yeah, I mean the MWC can't really hold a match to the AAC either in football or basketball

Reaction Score

Hey man, I understand that but it's still impressive and, factually, true (and Arseco doesn't have to mention the cable vs network split when he proclaims this from said mountain top)

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Well if you insist on all the facts being known, the AAC game was at noon and the MWC game was at 745EST.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Sure thing. That’s how TV works.

Enlighten me, Mr. Nielsen. If we're using your ratings as the OP refers to, how am I wrong? Or do you just like to piss on all posts?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Enlighten me, Mr. Nielsen. If we're using your ratings as the OP refers to, how am I wrong? Or do you just like to piss on all posts?

You want me to explain the concept of context to you?

It’s a good number as was the USF number.

You can’t straight compare a Friday night cable number to a Saturday OTA number.

If you don’t get that not much of a point in talking ratings with you.

Your comment about eyeballs are eyeballs regardless of network, time and competition is about the most incorrect thing written here on the topic.

Reaction Score
Hey man, I understand that but it's still impressive and, factually, true (and Arseco doesn't have to mention the cable vs network split when he proclaims this from said mountain top)

Oh Aresco is going to hoodwink top level execs who make 7 figure salaries negotiating 10 figure TV deals? Sounds like a plan. We’d better keep this quiet before they put this together.

Reaction Score
Oh Aresco is going to hoodwink top level execs who make 7 figure salaries negotiating 10 figure TV deals? Sounds like a plan. We’d better keep this quiet before they put this together.

Oy vey.

This was obviously tougne in cheek.

Even so, it's not the TV exes he needs to win over, it's the casual football fan.

He needs to sell the AAC as "big time" to them

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
You want me to explain the concept of context to you?

It’s a good number as was the USF number.

You can’t straight compare a Friday night cable number to a Saturday OTA number.

If you don’t get that not much of a point in talking ratings with you.

Your comment about eyeballs are eyeballs regardless of network, time and competition is about the most incorrect thing written here on the topic.

Maybe so. But I honestly don't give a and you take this way too seriously. Are you honestly prepared to "talk ratings" with someone right now?

My man, I post here simply to pass the time between when I start drinking and stop drinking. Maybe I get lucky before bed, at the very least get to know myself better for a few minutes.

You on the other hand hover around here like Cliff Clavin's angry brother. You, OK?

hqdefault.jpg

Reaction Score
This is a very good number for the AAC.

Gee whiz, is anyone on here allowed to be happy about anything?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Maybe so. But I honestly don't give a and you take this way too seriously. Are you honestly prepared to "talk ratings" with someone right now?

My man, I post here simply to pass the time between when I start drinking and stop drinking. Maybe I get lucky before bed, at the very least get to know myself better for a few minutes.

You on the other hand hover around here like Cliff Clavin's angry brother. You, OK?

hqdefault.jpg

For someone who doesn’t care you sure are upset for having it pointed out you posted something dumb.

The good news for those who combine ignorance with an arrogance about it you are home.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Ah, Friday night tedium.... off to a good start here.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
It's a good number, and certainly worthy of ammunition for Aresco. I'm sure that he's perfectly aware of it and preparing to use it to our advantage.

We had an undefeated team trying to remain undefeated against a ranked opponent. The MW didn't have that scenario, and didn't get the numbers that came with it. Also, it was Orlando metro vs Memphis metro, which both provided a lot of eyeballs...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Its something for Aresco to work with. We will see what it means. Hopefully there is some separation in pay from other G5 leagues who post inferior numbers.

Reaction Score
This is what transpired:

Last week the AAC and PAC held their conference championship games.

The PAC 12, a power 5 conference, had its biggest brand, USC, playing with an outside shot of making the playoff.

Meanwhile, the AAC had UCF and Memphis matched up, no shot at the playoffs and neither approaching blue blood status.

Last week, roughly the same number of people chose to watch the AAC championship game as chose to watch the PAC championship.

That is inarguable and it is gosh darn impressive.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom