AAC Bowl game at Gillette? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

AAC Bowl game at Gillette?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Honest question, are you high?

The only way UConn (and UConn fans) would want to play a conference championship game there is if we weren't the higher seed. Otherwise we'd rather play in our home stadium.

And nobody else in the conference would ever want the game there.
Not high but very buzzed
I just think ccg should always be In a neutral site. Takes away a home field advantage giving each team a chance. The city of Boston or New York are the two best cities In The east coast aside from florida cities Miami orlando Jacksonville which is pretty much spoken For. Maybe phily but I hate the eagles ?? Memphis ?? Please.
Not sure what you are on but having a ccg in a venue such as Boston with the ameneities of the Patriots could offer is not a bad idea. Will most likely not happen but would be better for overall money than the rent. yes the rent will help Uconn more but the ccg should be in a neutral spot. I believe all the other ccg are In a neutral field

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Not high but very buzzed
I just think ccg should always be In a neutral site. Takes away a home field advantage giving each team a chance. The city of Boston or New York are the two best cities In The east coast aside from florida cities Miami orlando Jacksonville which is pretty much spoken For. Maybe phily but I hate the eagles ?? Memphis ?? Please.
Not sure what you are on but having a ccg in a venue such as Boston with the ameneities of the Patriots could offer is not a bad idea. Will most likely not happen but would be better for overall money than the rent. yes the rent will help Uconn more but the ccg should be in a neutral spot. I believe all the other ccg are In a neutral field

You should seriously consider throwing whatever it is you post from off the closest bridge immediately.

Reaction Score
So a half an hour in the air or fifty bucks a ticket at most is a terrible idea.. Ok. Although the cost per ticket would be negligible because cheaper to fly into Boston than Charlotte or anywhere in North Carolina.
Cheap air fares? You DO realize that bowl games are played during the holiday season, when the airlines jack up rates, especially for those who make last minute flight plans, don't you? For the Fiesta Bowl, they increased the price of a ticket to Phoenix by $ 200.00 as soon as UCONN was announced as one of the participants.

Reaction Score
FIU and Eastern MI have a combined 3 winning seasons since 1995, and why would an East Coast bowl offer (let alone a Western School accept, provided a better offer) a bid to a mid major program 2,500 miles away? I don't think it's a good idea, unless UConn is involved for personal reasons, but I sincerely doubt you could have come up with three worse hypotheticals than these.

The teams were random, I just picked one from three different G5 Conferences. Obviously I did not research their W/L records for the last 20 years or I would have selected better. The reasoning still stands. It would be unlikely that The AAC could land a deal to play a P5 Conference this late in the game trying to establish a new bowl. Since that would likely be the reality, why not have it in a destination that fans would actually want to visit in late Dec early Jan? What happens if UCONN qualifies for a better bowl, and one of the western or southern schools have to be taken? There could be more bodies on the field than in the stands.

Reaction Score
Cheap air fares? You DO realize that bowl games are played during the holiday season, when the airlines jack up rates, especially for those who make last minute flight plans, don't you? For the Fiesta Bowl, they increased the price of a ticket to Phoenix by $ 200.00 as soon as UCONN was announced as one of the participants.
Well I was talking about ccg not a bowl. But yes I do undertand and was priced out of the fiesta bowl myself because living in Florida air fare was high. I want to say 700 ish to Arizona if I remeber right

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I don't care if UConn plays a bowl game on the moon. I just want them to be in a friggin' bowl game.
It's pointless to pupu anything on the table with regard to the AAC in football. Anything with the remotest chance of putting fans in seats and keeping cable boxes tuned in needs to be discussed and fully vetted.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Isn't part of the whole "bowl" idea to reward the teams for a successful season? How exactly sending them to Fobough, MA in December/January a reward?? NFL facilities (never mind in inclimate or cold weather) are terrible for college football. You want to do a Northeastern-focused AAC bowl game? Play it at The Rent w/ expanded seating in the end zone.

Reaction Score
Isn't part of the whole "bowl" idea to reward the teams for a successful season? How exactly sending them to Fobough, MA in December/January a reward?? NFL facilities (never mind in inclimate or cold weather) are terrible for college football. You want to do a Northeastern-focused AAC bowl game? Play it at The Rent w/ expanded seating in the end zone.

I'm sure the Patriots officials think that's a great idea, you should call them up and explain to them how bad their facilities are for college football, and that cold/"inclimate" weather suck the life out of the game.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Expanded seating? I think you'd be good with the current capacity. By about 30k.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Little Rock, Arkansas, has withdrawn its application with the NCAA to host a bowl game this fall.
War Memorial Stadium, home of the Arkansas Razorbacks, was to host Little Rock's proposed bowl game. The bowl would have been played at War Memorial Stadium and featured teams from the American Athletic and Sun Belt conferences. The bowl was unable to secure a television contract and local leaders decided to wait until 2016 to pursue a new bowl game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom