AAC Awards | Page 3 | The Boneyard

AAC Awards

Reaction Score
You are wrong. The coachds are given NO criteria. It is up to them to decide what makes someone an all-league player. And they don't use any stats, in-conference or out-of-conference to decide.
As long as you keep assuming that you must be right lol!

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
So we know CW struggled a lot this year with her shooting but still manged 14.4 pts and 5 reb per game as a SOPH guard! Congrats to CW!
Congrats to Meg on POY and to Crystal Dangerfield on all 3 of their 1st Team all conference awards!
While I too thought that Anna should have gotten Freshman of the Year, she was unanimous for the All-Freshman team, so she was well received by all the coaches. Congrats Anna!
Let’s roll through the AACT and get that defense and offense clicking ladies!!!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
You are bending and twisting my critique to the point of distortion --I made no mention to CW herself and her character--she is a fine, affable young woman; I spoke only to her play, and a fair critique of her play because she herself has been disappointed by it and has said as much.... If calling her play mediocre or sub par--the same words used by the Hartford Courant--rises to a "bitter personal critique" then I think most everyone out here is guilty of that. So If you want to ride a tall white horse of virtue, fine, but please don't try and use my words to mount it. Thank you.
We agree on one thing. Christyn is a fine, affable young woman. Let’s leave it there.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The American East, Big South and MEAC? That's where you find your comparable worth for the AAC? Now that's really laughable. Only a complete fool would think this is where suitable equanimity lies.
Um this was YOUR comparison. YOU said worst in the land. Those conferences are in the land. YOUR words, not mine.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
For those folks who, in April of 2018, said that Megan would transfer or even should transfer, would they like to identify themselves now? Some of us had faith in Meg and knew that she would become a great player, even if the timetable was a little slower than what we wanted. As a fellow Virginian, I had confidence in Meg and am thrilled to see her get this recognition. I'll be cheering loudly for her and her teammates at the Mohegan Sun this weekend.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Yes, Jewell.
So, Dee, Stewie, Phee, and Lou did not win Conference FOY awards. For folks who don't remember back that far, it must come as a surprise. But they all won multiple Conference POY awards.

In contrast, Maya not only won Conference FOY, she grabbed the Conference POY award as well as a freshman (over Angel). Maya was a consensus All-American and 2nd in AP POY voting as a freshman. There are freshmen, and then there's Maya Moore. She's always been different.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
For those folks who, in April of 2018, said that Megan would transfer or even should transfer, would they like to identify themselves now? Some of us had faith in Meg and knew that she would become a great player, even if the timetable was a little slower than what we wanted. As a fellow Virginian, I had confidence in Meg and am thrilled to see her get this recognition. I'll be cheering loudly for her and her teammates at the Mohegan Sun this weekend.
Back in 2014, when I was living in Chesterfield, VA, a friend of mine, who knew I loved WBB, told me about some kid named Megan Walker at his daughter’s HS, who was supposed to be pretty good. A few days later we went to a game and I was suitably impressed with this kid, who was just a sophomore at the time.

Over the next season, I went to a couple more games, before my wife and I moved to NY. When I learned that my beloved UConn Huskies were high on Megan’s list, I was all in on this young lady. Needless to say, the day Megan announced her decision to attend UConn, I was one happy oldude.

Megan was a great HS basketball player. She has become a much better player in college. While Megan has an almost stoic personality, she is a fierce competitor with an incredible work ethic. I am thrilled for Megan’s achievement in earning her 1st conference POY, and even more excited by the knowledge that she’s not done yet.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
So, I have a question, when was the last time UConn did not have an AA after a season? When was that last time UConn didn’t have a UConn 1st team All Conference player? Just curious as it has to be also some kind of record. Anyone?:)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
So, I have a question, when was the last time UConn did not have an AA after a season? When was that last time UConn didn’t have a UConn 1st team All Conference player? Just curious as it has to be also some kind of record. Anyone?:)
2007 for AA.
1985 for 1st team All Conference??

Reaction Score
Um this was YOUR comparison. YOU said worst in the land. Those conferences are in the land. YOUR words, not mine.
Since you are attempting to perform semantical forensics, to be totally accurate, I stated the AAC MUST be the worst, not IS the worst.... of course you know that a modal verb conveys likelihood or probability... So if you are going to go there with dissecting my words to the literal ad nauseum, make sure your microscope is working...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
2007 for AA.
1985 for 1st team All Conference??
In 2007-8, one Maya Moore arrived on campus. She helped get us back to the Final Four. She was a 4-time All-American and was joined by eventual All-Americans Renee Montgomery and Tina Charles.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Since you are attempting to perform semantical forensics, to be totally accurate, I stated the AAC MUST be the worst, not IS the worst.... of course you know that a modal verb conveys likelihood or probability... So if you are going to go there with dissecting my words to the literal ad nauseum, make sure your microscope is working...
Please just stop. You made a bonehead mistake. It happens in all of our fandom, hence why we are called “fanatics”. Don’t try to parse your comment when many of us all thought it was an over the top statement. Own the error and move on.:)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Once again, you consider 15.1 ppg shooting 47%/38%. is inept? That's pretty silly.

And the AAC the worst conference in the land??? Worse than America East, Big South, Northeast, MEAC? Really? That's even sillier.

Man leave the Big South and the MEAC outta this ....

james evANS.gif

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
It always amuses me.

Copied straight from your post.
"What I'm talking about is that this has to be the worst WBB conference in the land ". I don't see the word "MUST" in there. Looks like your microscope needs cleaning. :cool:

Reaction Score

“We’re having fun on the court,” said UConn forward Megan Walker, the new AAC Player of the Year. “You can see it, everyone can see it. It means a lot for us to be in the moment.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom