AAC Auto Bid or Bust | Page 2 | The Boneyard

AAC Auto Bid or Bust

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Right now our RPI is 300, while this will go down. Its a question of where it will stop at.

If we're around 30-60's in the RPI come Selection Sunday with our best OOC win being Loyla Marymount, expect us to be in the NIT. Granted we don't win the AACT.

Reaction Score
Love is blinding. This team lost to crummy teams with those guys. A comeback in a game UC never had a chance to win gives you enough hope to make up for all the awfulness they've shown so far? I guess I appreciate the optimism and hope you're right, but currently this thought seems delusional to me.
Hard to argue with that. I know this will upset people but, if this season continues to follow a similar path to the last two, KO should be on the hot seat in a big way in 2017/2018 and Herbst and the AD should start thinking about a search commitee, just in case. KO deserves through 2018 to prove this is a temporary setback. But, if we see four seasons like this in a row, I think we need to move in another direction and we need to be prepared to do so.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Not true. And top 25 votes?? LOL! You see how much respect the AAC gets? None. We need to win the AAC tourney. Even with wins vs. Cuse and Ohio St. Sorry, but thats the way the committee views the conference, and will continue to view this conference. Shame we're in it, isn't it??
Where were you when we got 4 teams in last year?

Reaction Score
Hard to argue with that. I know this will upset people but, if this season continues to follow a similar path to the last two, KO should be on the hot seat in a big way in 2017/2018 and Herbst and the AD should start thinking about a search commitee, just in case. KO deserves through 2018 to prove this is a temporary setback. But, if we see four seasons like this in a row, I think we need to move in another direction and we need to be prepared to do so.
I don't get how people actually thought we would be really good the last couple of years and are now holding it against KO. The core of the team those years (and this year's team) was made up of the classes that were severely impacted by the coaching change and all the sanctions.

Our freshman and sophomore classes can obviously play and are the best part of our team, and now we're going to get rid of the guy who brought them in and is bringing in another good class this year? KO is obviously a big coaching downgrade from Calhoun, but that was going to be true of anyone, and I think people are pretty naive to think it will be easy to bring someone else in that can execute the coaching/recruiting combination better than he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom