AA Team | The Boneyard

AA Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Willie Cauley-Stein? really, we just had to have a Kentucky, or shall I say a Calipari Wildcat on that team?

Here'e the deal, he averaged 9.1 points, 6.5 rebounds and 1.7 blocks in 24 minutes or so of play. I mean these numbers are damn close to the guy in the middle for us who we complain about, or at least i do...lol.
Having said that how can anyone from a team the coach decides not play anyone more than about 20 minutes, have more impact than a kid who plays 36 minutes a game and gets say 17/8/3? The coach elects to do things the way he does and they went undefeated, it worked. But no ONE person on that team can be an AA in relation to guys who give their team almost full games when needed all over the country. If anyone actually believes his 9/6/1 is AA type stuff they're whacked. I call BS.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
The people who vote are taking in the fact the Cauley-Stein is getting limited minutes and just voting on who they thought was the best center not the most productive one. Unlike Brimah, who was forced fed in the post where he had no competence, Cauley-Stein was able to play only to his strengths. It will be interesting to see, when he gets drafted and is handed the keys to the paint at the highest level, how well he does.

Reaction Score
The people who vote are taking in the fact the Cauley-Stein is getting limited minutes and just voting on who they thought was the best center not the most productive one. Unlike Brimah, who was forced fed in the post where he had no competence, Cauley-Stein was able to play only to his strengths. It will be interesting to see, when he gets drafted and is handed the keys to the paint at the highest level, how well he does.

The best "center" is Kaminsky. There's a guy or 2 on his team on the front line that played more than Stein and were more valuable overall. I mean it's disturbing how these things are now done. Even Russell from Ohio State - could he be an AA? Hell yeah but he's a volume shooter too. I mean the kids potential is huge but there aren't any better 4 year players anywhere that helped their team in many ways?

Reaction Score
Cauley-Stein's numbers this year are incredibly similar to Hilton Armstrong's in 2006. If you needed any more evidence that this is one of the weakest seasons in college basketball history, WCS as a first-team AA is it.

Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see, when he gets drafted and is handed the keys to the paint at the highest level, how well he does.

WCS has Tyson Chandler written all over him. I'm curious where he will get him drafted. He has no offensive game to speak of, but he's one of the best athletes for a player his size that I have ever seen. I laughed at first when idiot commentators would talk about he could guard 1-5, but he actually can as a 7 footer. I see him as a perennial 11-10-3 guy. Is that worth a top 5-10 pick?

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
WCS has Tyson Chandler written all over him. I'm curious where he will get him drafted. He has no offensive game to speak of, but he's one of the best athletes for a player his size that I have ever seen. I laughed at first when idiot commentators would talk about he could guard 1-5, but he actually can as a 7 footer. I see him as a perennial 11-10-3 guy. Is that worth a top 5-10 pick?

Emeka Okafor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky