A12 or other- How do we play in NYC? | The Boneyard

A12 or other- How do we play in NYC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Losing MSG could have an impact on the great NYC pipeline of future players. Sure the memories of 3 titles, 5in5, Kemba, AJ, Taliek, Ben, Omar will exist, but so will the desire for kids to play in their own backyards. What are our options? Tournaments only come around so often. Wouldn't it make sense to strike a longterm deal with St John's once the dust settles?

All the reports of who gets what in the divorce have yet to be listed. Maybe they never will, but it seems like the opportunity to get UConn in the final BET, or arrange an A12/Big East annual challenge could have easily been negotiated within these Big $$$ talks. When will somebody stick up for the fan? If this keeps heading towards an inferior product, fans and recruits alike will be lost.

Reaction Score
UConn recruits nationally and internationally now. Maybe you missed that. Our current lineup, when healthy, has a kid from Chicago, one from Boston, one from Storrs, a New Yorker, and a Berliner, as in Berlin Germany, not Connecticut. We'll continue to get a New Yorker or two, but it isn't like we only recruit there. And I don't know if you know this but recruits love Ollie. They will come form far and wide to play for him.

Reaction Score
I do agree that we continue to need a NYC presence...Scheduling St John's and also pulling a Duke/Syracuse where we play 'one-off' opponents in MSG is needed.

Reaction Score
I think the common sense, logical thing to do here is 1-2 huge OOC games at MSG a year. Hopefully a UConn - Duke or UConn-UNC type game. Even UConn-Cuse at this point. We have to get creative.

UConn-Cuse annual at MSG. Makes way too much sense for everyone involved. Bottom line, we need to guarantee a game there once a year for recruits.

Reaction Score
I think the common sense, logical thing to do here is 1-2 huge OOC games at MSG a year. Hopefully a UConn - Duke or UConn-UNC type game. Even UConn-Cuse at this point. We have to get creative.

UConn-Cuse annual at MSG. Makes way too much sense for everyone involved. Bottom line, we need to guarantee a game there once a year for recruits.
I agree with this. This is huge. We don't want to cut off our NYC pipeline. I also think we should reach out to Nova or Georgetown and start a series with them. We will need to beef up our OOC schedule being in this new conference. These are good BBall schools, and being close by, it cuts down on the travel costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom