A year ago I said Hurley to Uconn | The Boneyard

A year ago I said Hurley to Uconn

Reaction Score
It's made sense for a while now. I think UConn may have given Ollie another year in part because they knew it'd be far easier to pry Hurley away post Terrell/Matthews/Robinson/Garrett. Those four guys along with Martin and Iverson who graduated last year were the bedrock of the program and you could see how much those relationships mattered to him with the emotion he expressed after the game.

The path for Hurley to take UConn back to the top is simple: recruiting, recruiting, recruiting. The region is loaded with talent and Hurley has connections there. The conference is a roadblock, but I think Hurley will be able to navigate. If not, we may only have one card left to play...

Reaction Score
Agreed, I think he fits the east coast a lot and the fact that they beat Pittsburgh for him is a HUGE WIN for the program

Reaction Score
Are you Parker Executive Search Firm?
It does make me laugh that they used this search firm. They really needed to do that to figure out they should go after Hurley? I'm sure Benedict was talking to Hurley's agent long before he fired Ollie.

C

Chief00

It does make me laugh that they used this search firm. They really needed to do that to figure out they should go after Hurley? I'm sure Benedict was talking to Hurley's agent long before he fired Ollie.
Exactly - that way everyone can say they did not talk before season was over.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Not using the search firm leaves him open to more criticism if Hurley doesn't work out. AD Dave isn't an idiot.

Reaction Score
Not using the search firm leaves him open to more criticism if Hurley doesn't work out. AD Dave isn't an idiot.
I don't know about that. It's still his hire no matter if someone recommended Hurley or not. If Hurley doesn't work out he can't deflect the criticism to some search firm. I guess he could try, but nobody would be buying it. Benedict's backside (I hate the stupid profanity filter!) is on the line here with the Edsall re-hire and the Hurley hire. There's no way around that.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Are you Parker Executive Search Firm?

They didn't even do anything but collect a check Whaler, you know that. I'm willing to bet they truly did NOTHING.

I'm guessing DB was pursuing this for a while now, and the backchannels with Moore and JC were perfectly OK, as they are long time friends.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

This was solely done for DB's future career prospects. nothing more, nothing less.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don't know about that. It's still his hire no matter if someone recommended Hurley or not. If Hurley doesn't work out he can't deflect the criticism to some search firm. I guess he could try, but nobody would be buying it. Benedict's backside (I hate the stupid profanity filter!) is on the line here with the Edsall re-hire and the Hurley hire. There's no way around that.
Completely agree, but he does insulate himself from people saying he should have used a search firm. He definitely owns the decision either way.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom