A Win next week... | The Boneyard

A Win next week...

Reaction Score
Gives us a real chance at bowl eligibility.

Next week is our superbowl. I hope the guys who went down tonight are OK and that we might get a few other dudes back for next week. If we beat Ball State, we have a real chance to go bowling.

Reaction Score
Gives us a real chance at bowl eligibility.

Next week is our superbowl. I hope the guys who went down tonight are OK and that we might get a few other dudes back for next week. If we beat Ball State, we have a real chance to go bowling.

Not how Morta thinks. He wants players to approach every game exactly the same way - highly motivated.

Reaction Score
If we get to 4 wins before we even play UMass the season is a massive success

If all we do from here on in is beat UMass, given the absurd concentration of injuries in the skill positions this season would still have been a tremendous success.

Having said that, the way we’ve played the last two weeks it won’t leave anyone feeling satisfied.

Reaction Score
If all we do from here on in is beat UMass, given the absurd concentration of injuries in the skill positions this season would still have been a tremendous success.

Having said that, the way we’ve played the last two weeks it won’t leave anyone feeling satisfied.

Satisfied no, relieved and encouraged, yes.

Now Mora really has something to point to and confirm that his way is working. Maybe it keeps a few talented from entering portal and helps us land a few transfers and recruits we wouldn’t get otherwise.

Reaction Score
As I have ignored the possibility, but is now very feasible, did UConn secure a bowl tie-in? Or is it simply hope for an at-large?

Reaction Score
Satisfied no, relieved and encouraged, yes.

Now Mora really has something to point to and confirm that his way is working. Maybe it keeps a few talented from entering portal and helps us land a few transfers and recruits we wouldn’t get otherwise.

Yes. Which is why I said it would be a tremendous success. Sheesh.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Ranked 112 by USA Today this week. Note that every team left on the schedule with the exception of #47 Liberty is rated 94 (Army) or below.

Is there really a measurable difference between #94 and #131 (Umass, rated last in FBS)? Does anyone really believe people analyze these bottom feeders enough to be able to say so? Of course not.

4 of our last 5 games are completely winnable just by us playing well. There is no real talent gap anymore this season.

and win these games.

Attachments

• 1665403499110.png
    1665403499110.png
    896 KB · Views: 143
Reaction Score
As I have ignored the possibility, but is now very feasible, did UConn secure a bowl tie-in? Or is it simply hope for an at-large?
At large. If I had to guess 6 wins doesn't secure a bowl game for UConn.

Reaction Score
At large. If I had to guess 6 wins doesn't secure a bowl game for UConn.
Guys remember that Coach Mora has connections all over the country. If we get to six wins, he will get on the phone.

Reaction Score
That PI call late in the Utah game is very big now. Who knows what would have happened if that had been a no call. If I remember correctly that was on a fourth down?

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
One of the advantages of being independent is that we are not contracted to C-USA, MAC, or Sun Belt bowls. This is an advantage if the ACC or B1G has less teams qualify for a bowl bid than expected opening up an opportunity for us to get into one of their lower-tier bowls. A 6-6 or 7-5 UConn is a much better draw than a team from the 6-6 MAC or C-USA school that needs a bowl game but their league has already accounted for all of its bowls.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom