A Warning Shot Was Fired... | The Boneyard

A Warning Shot Was Fired...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
...across the bow of any who sail too close to the huskies. Go ahead and double up against Stewie. Hold her to 10-15 points. As you do, please note that the "other" game features UConn playing you in 4 on 3. It would probably be a mismatch at four on four! Find out the hard way that those other four Huskies can play just a little bit.

World, you've been warned.

Reaction Score
...across the bow of any who sail too close to the huskies. Go ahead and double up against Stewie. Hold her to 10-15 points. As you do, please note that the "other" game features UConn playing you in 4 on 3. It would probably be a mismatch at four on four! Find out the hard way that those other four Huskies can play just a little bit.

World, you've been warned.
SMU did a pretty good job of frustrating Stewie offensively, and UConn still won by 51 with a lot of the game played by the bench and TLaw coming in with nearly 5 minutes left in the game. If UConn wanted to win by 80 they could have. I like the way the starting 5 are really starting to gel. Much faster than I expected. I keep hearing from fans of other teams, wait til next year, as if UConn is going to be weaker. We replace one #1 recruit in KML with another from the same school in KLS. And we add a true big in Butler. Sorry world, next year isn't going to be any easier. Or the year after that.

Reaction Score
SMU did a pretty good job of frustrating Stewie offensively, and UConn still won by 51 with a lot of the game played by the bench and TLaw coming in with nearly 5 minutes left in the game. If UConn wanted to win by 80 they could have. I like the way the starting 5 are really starting to gel. Much faster than I expected. I keep hearing from fans of other teams, wait til next year, as if UConn is going to be weaker. We replace one #1 recruit in KML with another from the same school in KLS. And we add a true big in Butler. Sorry world, next year isn't going to be any easier. Or the year after that.
No they didnt she had numerous open looks but had an off night. Took way to many jumpers instead of posting up doing her short hooks

Reaction Score
It seemed to me that Breanna was not aggressively pursuing her shot today; maybe concentrating more on her passing and sharing the ball. And I have said [this is the third year now] that it takes a great game to bring out her greatness. She was smiling and happy on the bench so she was obviously not disappointed in herself.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Then Add Durr, after next years 4 thorobreds- u r correct! :)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Then Add Durr, after next years 4 thorobreds- u r correct! :)

You mean Dangerfield. Durr's going to Louisville. She's having a spectacular senior season, by the way.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
We are approaching the point were on a given game, you have no idea who from UCONN is going to torch the opposition for big numbers. We've seen Stewie and Morgan and K and Nurse and now MoJeff do it. Defensively, teams have to pick their poison.

Not a pretty prospect for our opponents!

Reaction Score
We are approaching the point were on a given game, you have no idea who from UCONN is going to torch the opposition for big numbers. We've seen Stewie and Morgan and K and Nurse and now MoJeff do it. Defensively, teams have to pick their poison.

Not a pretty prospect for our opponents!
Yeah and 25-ish points seems to be the magic number for that person.

Reaction Score
Geno keeps saying last years team was so good...... Tuck and Nurse .... by the end of the year..... will have filled the Dolson and Hartley quite amply...... our whole offense last year went thru stefanie..... it takes a while... but we will be ready in march

Reaction Score
I didn't see the TAMU-SMU game, but apparently SMU's interior defense kept them in that one. I'm interested in seeing what Rhonda can do with those freshman from Oz over the next few years. Playing UConn has clearly been a recruiting boon...

Reaction Score
It seemed to me that Breanna was not aggressively pursuing her shot today; maybe concentrating more on her passing and sharing the ball. And I have said [this is the third year now] that it takes a great game to bring out her greatness. She was smiling and happy on the bench so she was obviously not disappointed in herself.

The other four were taking care of business, especially in the first half. Amazing that they didn't 'need' Stewie on offense. She did play some excellent D, btw.

Reaction Score
It was a great game today for Jefferson. Not taking nothing away. However, I would love to see this #2 ranked player (Classs Of 2012) perform consistently against better competition.

I've been very disappointed in her play. Today was fine & I pray it carries over because her teammates will need her offence on a daily basis. Especially during tournament time.

Yes I know we it is still early in the WBB season. But her consistency just gives me assurance going into the tournament. I know & hope the others will hold up. But once she gets it going on a regular & it carries over into the Ncaa Tournament it's over folks. I more than smelling # 10. I'm chasing rainbows.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
They'll have their hands full Monday with the biggest team in the country. I'd have to think lots of Williams and Stokes, not much Chong.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
I didn't see the TAMU-SMU game, but apparently SMU's interior defense kept them in that one. I'm interested in seeing what Rhonda can do with those freshman from Oz over the next few years. Playing UConn has clearly been a recruiting boon...
Stevie didn't post up and dominate in there either- those girls from Australia were pretty gd & physical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom