A tuff tuneup tonite | The Boneyard

A tuff tuneup tonite

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Well tonite we've got Memphis. They gave us a tuff time down there. Tonite Im hoping to see more assists which means more ball movement and less one on one play. UConn has always been admired for their great passing and ball movement. Tonite Im looking for it. I would like to see everybody involved and more touches for Liv inside and more of Anna taking the ball and scoring. MW CD and CW need help scoring and by getting Anna and Liv more involved it will take some of the pressure off them.

If we're going to get better I believe we need to make changes in our execution and ball movement and passing is a big part of it. If we keep on playing like we're playing we arent going to get any better. If we make some changes well that will be the first step to improving. Tonite we need to win with confidence. Tonite will be a ruff and tuff tuneup for Monday at SC. We need to win Monday nite and I think we will. As a team I think we were very disappointed in the Baylor and Oregon games . Perhaps we have learned from those games. A win tonite will be big for our confidence and a win Monday nite I believe will put us over the top

Reaction Score
Well tonite we've got Memphis. They gave us a tuff time down there. Tonite Im hoping to see more assists which means more ball movement and less one on one play. UConn has always been admired for their great passing and ball movement. Tonite Im looking for it. I would like to see everybody involved and more touches for Liv inside and more of Anna taking the ball and scoring. MW CD and CW need help scoring and by getting Anna and Liv more involved it will take some of the pressure off them.

If we're going to get better I believe we need to make changes in our execution and ball movement and passing is a big part of it. If we keep on playing like we're playing we arent going to get any better. If we make some changes well that will be the first step to improving. Tonite we need to win with confidence. Tonite will be a ruff and tuff tuneup for Monday at SC. We need to win Monday nite and I think we will. As a team I think we were very disappointed in the Baylor and Oregon games . Perhaps we have learned from those games. A win tonite will be big for our confidence and a win Monday nite I believe will put us over the top

You know this team is not up to par when the eternal optimist @Tonyc wrote one of the more wish-washy pre-game note, and that's just against Memphis.

Reaction Score
I agree with you Tony. Now watch the game. Watch for turnovers forced and unforced. Watch for rebound offensive and defensive. Watch the passing. Watch for getting the ball to Anna so she can make a couple of three's. Watch for getting the ball to Aubrey. Ball movement like in old UConn BB days is the key so that you can take pressure off of Crystal and Megan to get their shots. Watch for Liv getting the ball and using what strength and desire she has to go to the basket. Watch the foul shots. Watch to see if they make their layups. Watch to see the mistakes they make in passing that ball. And last look to see if Geno has disgust on his face as he watches them play and hope he does not have a heart attack.

And just remember, they are playing an inferior team in the AAC.

Reaction Score
Limit the turnovers, pass the ball, move on offense, and hit free throws. There is no reason to miss free throws.

Reaction Score
I would like to see them start getting ready for the Dance by doing the following. 1. Start Anna 2. Play the ball to Liv even if she has to kick it out. 3. Play Aubrey 25 minutes and get her involved in the offense.

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
I'm with Tonyc. It doesn't matter who we're playing tonight. It's the next game on the schedule. The team needs to get back to UConn basketball; crisp passes, good ball movement, constant player movement, more assists less turnovers, tough defense leading to fast breaks.

Play that way against the AAC opponents all the time and maybe you can make it happen against the Baylors, Oregons and SCs.

Good habits lead to good results. Forever Optimus! Go Huskies!

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Just the fact that a home game against Memphis is now being described as a tough game speaks volumes to where this team is this season.

Much has been said about the passing, but great passes are the result of team synergy and quality movement off the ball. That's the thing that I'm looking for in the rest of the regular season.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

If UConn does not do the things needed to play better individually and collectively tonight at home against a weaker opponent, they certainly won’t do it against a formidable opponent on the road. We’ll see if the Oregon loss served as another wake-up call, or a reminder of the limitations of this team. The South Carolina game will either strengthen UConn’s character or reveal it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom