A true measure of UConn presence in the market | Page 2 | The Boneyard

A true measure of UConn presence in the market

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wednesday's game did a 0.5 rating on both Adults 18-34 and Adults 18-49 and attracted only 1.8 million viewers. This was 62% worse than the network estimated the game to do.

When is this estimate made? Before the season when the games are licensed? Or more recently? Cause a terrible rating for two marginal Big East teams is not entirely surprising.

Reaction Score
When is this estimate made? Before the season when the games are licensed? Or more recently? Cause a terrible rating for two marginal Big East teams is not entirely surprising.

i wonder how this compares to the typical Toledo-Miami OH type game on a wednesday. we should absolutely do much better than a game like that

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
The number I saw for UConn-Pitt was 1.5, but that could be the difference in using cable points vs. network points.

Reaction Score
The number I saw for UConn-Pitt was 1.5, but that could be the difference in using cable points vs. network points.

You sure you weren't seeing a 1.5 Household rating? I'm seeing a 1.25 Household rating.

These estimates are made months in advance when we negotiate the whole deal. While the network may have changed their estimates since we closed our deal, the original estimates they projected when we ordered the deal are what we are guaranteed. However, just because this one game did poorly, another game on a different date may have OVER-delivered what was estimated/guaranteed to make up what we lost Wednesday night. The network makes up overall delivery, not just delivery from individual games.

Reaction Score
As a point of comparison what did ESPN2 do for the same time. I believe they had on a World Series of Poker Show. Were the wives in possession of the clickers and the men had given up on sports for the night?

Thank you!

I can get that information on my own at a later date. Don't want to bog my counterparts over there with more requests than necessary since we have a lot going on right now to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moochi278

Top Bottom