A True Learning Experience | The Boneyard

A True Learning Experience

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Yesterday against Nova we learned how to play when Lou and Aaliyah had an off game. We need others to step up and Griff Dorka and Nika showed up big when they had to. We also learned to play while being fatigued and tired. Moving forward this season I think that's huge for the team. We still need a bench? We saw yesterday which was much anticipated, what happens when you dont have a bench especially playing 4 games in 8 days plus travel. We need our bench to get healthy. It seem pretty clear to me in big games and in tight games Yanna will be the only one to see a few minutes. For that reason and Genos remarks in the post game interview makes me think Caroline and maybe Azzi may see some minutes in the Providence game and maybe in the SC game. It may not be many minutes but it will at least give our starters a rest. Are they ready to step into a game? I dont know. But I have a feeling if theyre ready and can they will and I think from what Geno said and reading between the lines that he is hopeful that Caroline can see a few minutes.

For those of you who have played sports know how difficult it is to keep playing without a rest. Conditioning is one thing however you need to rest and clear you mind when your body tells you it needs rest. Genos comments which were he could see after the first qtr UConn was tired. That being said they must've been exhausted at the end of the 4th qtr mentally and physically.

Providence may not be as easy of a game as many of us would anticipate because of what we,ve gone through over the past 8 days and against Nova, and what we had to overcome to win. It takes alot out of you. I would hope the girls get today off with a light practice on Tuesday. We need our legs back and more importantly we need our minds clear. The rest of the season will be a marathon Maybe taking a day off and the team going to a movie would help.

Reaction Score
R & R with more R & R, followed by more of the same.
Lou did not have an "off" game (IMO): her legs need rest.
She did it all against Tenn, I would give her less than 25 minutes
against Providence. March and April are the real deal.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I think if Azzi was still wearing her brace yesterday and using crutches, there is no way that she will be ready to play against Providence.
Caroline maybe especially at Providence where the crowd will probably be a lot less vocal than if we were playing at home.
Just 100% pure speculation on my part.

Reaction Score
I think if Azzi was still wearing her brace yesterday and using crutches, there is no way that she will be ready to play against Providence.
Caroline maybe especially at Providence where the crowd will probably be a lot less vocal than if we were playing at home.
Just 100% pure speculation on my part.
Azzi came out on crutches yesterday. No way she plays on Wednesday. If I understand correctly, Caroline has been practicing for a while, so maybe Wednesday for a few minutes for her (I hope, I hope).

Best case is Azzi gets a few minutes against SCar, but even that is a long shot given that she isn't even running yet.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom