A true big man coach | Page 2 | The Boneyard

A true big man coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

The "Emeka Years" ..... He was a miracle at UConn..... a great, great college player. I thought we would never see his like again at UConn at center and I'm still waiting.
Jake, Travis, Alex, Josh, Charlie, Cliff and Rod Sellers could all play center ( or move to center from power forward) better than the current guys.

Reaction Score
Hilton - Smarter, stronger, tougher by his senior year
Boone - Much smarter as a freshman he was a huge impact and hadn't been coached by a "big mans coach" lol, yet even so proven he was leaps and bounds smarter.
Thabeet - Was as good or better as brimah is now as a freshman. His numbers got better every year and was a great college player by his jr year.
Jeff - undersized as undersized can get, huge heart and tenacity/will to go with strength. One of the toughest to wear the uni for 4 years

I could have been a good big mans coach with these guys. They understood the game, this guy doesn't nor does Facey. Great kids, smart in the classroom and good Huskies. Every guy you mention above played on a team which these guys would be 8-15 minutes a game guy at best off the bench if they were on those teams. They wouldn't be starting they wouldn't be in at impact times. Does anyone understand a big mans coach or whatever, is not a magician and these guys need David Blaine to suddenly make them do the things we want and expect them to do after 3 plus years. It's not happening, Glen and KO are stuck with "back ups" starting. Damn we need better, smarter players, impact front court guys to have a "good big mans coach". Let's erase the coaching here, over 3 years later they do the same damn thing and that's on them NO ONE else. I feel bad for Glen Miller that some of us are so ignorant to blame him for this debacle of a senior class, I do!

I see your points, but I respectfully disagree

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Even with a big-man coach our offense would be abysmal. Has anyone been watching? We don't run even the simplest motion offense! Its like watching pick-up at the park courts, then jacking a 3. Its mind-numbingly painful to watch.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
We don't play team ball. We don't even pretend to play team ball. That's what I hate.

Reaction Score
Let's find the prostitute that got Clyde Vaughn fired and string her up. We haven't been a good rebounding team since he left the staff.

And we haven't had a real big man coaching our big men since. Our tallest dude is Freeman who is more of a big wing, who played some power forward. Warrior. But not a true big man. If we want to rebound. We should hire someone who knows how to rebound. We haven't had someone like that on the coaching staff for years.

Yes we have won NCs in that time. But that is because of our guards. If we want to solve the rebounding problem that has haunted us for years, we need to address it on the coaching staff,
He shouldve been suspended not fired. He payed a ho for sex who cares?!!! A suspenison wouldve sufficed. Id rehire him.

C

Chief00

I honestly could add Souleymane, Edmund and Charlie O to that list.;)
All true - so we have 10-12 and I forgot 1st round pick Hilton Armstrong - although he was mentioned by others.
One thing these guys all had in common - they did not have Glen Miller as the Bigs coach or Travis as the strength coach. Quite frankly, I know I sound like a broken record but every year the same problem.

C

Chief00

He shouldve been suspended not fired. He payed a ho for sex who cares?!!! A suspenison wouldve sufficed. Id rehire him.

Preaching to the choir and JC wanted to keep him too but his hands were tied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom