A Toast To The Hard Core !!! | The Boneyard

A Toast To The Hard Core !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I raise my glass of preferred beverage to the DIE HARD HUSKIE FANS that stay to the end.
I do the same for A TEAM THAT DID NOT QUIT and easily could have done so.

I do the same for TJ who MASTERFULLY DISECTED THE PILE OF S*%T Paul and George created, this while being the new guy on the block amongst UCONN coaches...

I raise my glass of preferred beverage to the PRIDE OF CONNECTICUT MARCHING BAND. We are blessed with leadership here. From Coach (Dr) Mills and his staff to all the players that freeze their for a half credit.

I post a couple of highlights for the HARD CORE that might like to see them again. That and in kindness for the season ticket holders who helped taint a record setting day by not being there. This set a record also.

I really wanted the CC to Davis in the corner of the end zone seen on Sports Center this morning as they were shown as part of "players of the week". Can't find it! I will never fill SANTINI'S shoes.....
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=10095611

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=10095818

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=10095743

CHEERS TO THE HARD CORE HUSKIE FANS!! This last game was for sure a nice way to help wash down the bitter taste of all we have been through.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I first thought you were toasting me!! LOL Staying to the end until the interviews were over were well worth it for me!! Hearing the players chant Guardi so Frank could get in a game as a walk on senior and the joy they had on the sideline made the cold well worth it!!

Reaction Score
We left the game in the 3rd quarter with 10 minutes left, as we have been sick with a weird virus. Must be in our seats as they introduced the seniors as I knew there would be no one in the stadium to send them off just like in previous years. We felt we needed to say goodbye to a great group of guys. It would have been nice if you would have been in the stadium for the sendoff but I guess you were all in the parking lot raising your glasses.

Congrats to the seniors in the UCMB who do it for the joy of music, talented all.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
We were there until the end, screaming on EVERY DOWN and then signing the fight song with the team at our victory! GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
We were there until the end, screaming on EVERY DOWN and then signing the fight song with the team at our victory! GO HUSKIES!!!

dork. the kind of fan that reminds me of the creepy AHL booster club types that travel to Binghamton NY by bus for a Tuesday night game

Reaction Score
Was there at 10A. We were there for the seniors and 10 minutes after the game. I looked onto the empty field with an eye toward what next year can be. I would have have stayed for 5 overtimes at that point.

Reaction Score
I could not clearly hear the on field interviews while the band played. I wanted to experience both!

Reaction Score
Was there at 10A. We were there for the seniors and 10 minutes after the game. I looked onto the empty field with an eye toward what next year can be. I would have have stayed for 5 overtimes at that point.
I'm more of a "half empty" guy. I looked at the stands in the 2nd qtr, and halftime, with an eye back at once was. I looked around at how 2 men could utterly destroy something so large. I wondered to myself, will we ever see that place as full and as energetic as it once was.

Reaction Score
After the Rutgers game, I was standing inside the Rent near gate D. I hear a guy talking about GDL to a group. After several props to GDL remarks, I jump in ans say, yea, we really need him back here. He looks at way, it could be. I wondered what he was smoking and if he was a local high school coach.

Those 2 guys cost us 3 years of good football and possibly a spot in a p5 conference. I still blame edsall for leaving us thin at qb and rb, but we had sufficient talent to go bowling the last 2-3 years.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
dork. the kind of fan that reminds me of the creepy AHL booster club types that travel to Binghamton NY by bus for a Tuesday night game
dork? No the difference between me and those AHL booster types is that I don't blow my entire paycheck on an autographed jersey that a 20 year old kid wore in 1 game every season.

Reaction Score
dork? No the difference between me and those AHL booster types is that I don't blow my entire paycheck on an autographed jersey that a 20 year old kid wore in 1 game every season.

very true. especially when its some Russian, or Yugoslavian kid that you have never heard of, nor will hear of, ever again

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I clicked on this post expecting to see naked chicks. WTF???!!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom