A thought about Cinny. | The Boneyard

A thought about Cinny.

Reaction Score
Pindell showed a lot in that last drive. It's the kind of drive we have rarely see seen form the Huskies. He moved us 90+ yards with under two minutes to go and finished in the end zone.

I don't recall all a drive like that since DJ. I remember Whitmer moving us all the way down the field at Yankee Stadium with the game on the line and then throwing a pick six. BS moved us down the field against ECU this year but could get us in the end zone and we had to settle for FG try. Trickshot won a game in OT, but it wasn't a length of the field, two minute drive, like Pindell's effort. DanO lead us down the field into the end zone to tie a game at Kent State with time almost gone (we won in OT). But it is a rare event for the Huskies.

Anyway, once again Tarbutt threw away the effort. But, IMHO, Pindell showed a little something.

Last edited:

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Prevent defense. Disregard it completely.

Reaction Score
Second time he has missed in a critical/pivotal moment. Guy has a good strong leg but I would be looking for someone with more heart to handle the field goals and pats next year. Let Tarbut handle kickoffs.

Reaction Score
Classic UConn QB finishes:

TL in the 2007 Louisville game down 17-7 in the fourth (AKA Larry Taylor fair catch game) Huskies' Rally Leaves Louisville Reeling

ZF in 2009 Notre Dame game - Down 14-0 in second quarter. Fourth quarter and OT drives to tie and win the game.

Notre Dame[edit]
1 2 3 4 OT 2OT Total
Huskies
0 10 7 3 7 6 33
Fighting Irish 7 7 3 3 7 3 30
See also: 2009 Notre Dame Fighting Irish football team
Clausen got the Irish on the board first with an eight-yard touchdown pass to Tate with 10:59 to play in the opening quarter. The score would remain 7–0 until the 14:32 mark of the second quarter, when Clausen capped an 11-play, 80-yard scoring drive with a one-yard scoring plunge to put Notre Dame on top, 14–0. The Huskies cut the deficit to 14–7 on their next possession, when Todman broke free for a 43-yard touchdown run. UConn made it a 14–10 game late in the second quarter on a 39-yard field goal by Dave Teggart. The Irish pushed their lead back to seven after David Ruffer kicked a 20-yard field goal at the 9:29 mark of the third quarter. But Todman returned the ensuing kickoff 96 yards for a touchdown to make it a 17–17 game. After the teams traded field goals in the fourth quarter, the UConn defense recovered a fumble at the Notre Dame 41 with 49 seconds to play. Teggart had a chance to give UConn the victory at the end of regulation, but his 37-yard field goal sailed wide left as time expired. Each team scored a touchdown in the first overtime and at the end of the OT the teams were tied and went to a second OT. The Irish were not able to move the chains to open the second overtime, and they had to settle for a Ruffer field goal. Andre Dixon scored on a four-yard touchdown run in the second overtime, as the Connecticut Huskies finally pulled out a close game and beat Notre Dame, 33–30 at Notre Dame Stadium.

Jordan Todman was named the Big East Conference Special Teams Player of the Week.[24] Andre Dixon and Lawrence Wilson were also named to the Weekly Honor Roll. Connecticut is 1–0 against Notre Dame.

After the victory, Randy Edsall sent the game ball to the family of Jasper Howard.

Reaction Score
Shirreffs did it against Navy last year and had the game won until Bobby committed career suicide . . .

Not to pile on BS, but the fact that it was left in the coach's hands to screw up...there are other QBs out there that would have taken charge and figured it out.

My point being, BS didn't do it. He almost did it.

Reaction Score
That wasn't prevent defense.

He made some nice plays. The nicest of which was the left handed incompletion to avoid a sack while basically in the grasp. Really heads up and athletic play that he almost completed.

He is raw, but has ability. Can they teach him to throw correctly by gripping the laces in full off season? Get him to not throw off his back leg so often?

I've said before if he gets forced to the bench it's a good thing because this kid has legit ability to play at this level.

Reaction Score
Saw Coach L discussing DP's throwing motion when he came off the field earlier in the game. They will be working on that this offseason. If DP can add the ability hit hit the 5-7 yard out with a stronger throw than he has now it will really add to our offense. More accurate deep throws are also on the list.

Reaction Score
Not to pile on BS, but the fact that it was left in the coach's hands to screw up...there are other QBs out there that would have taken charge and figured it out.

My point being, BS didn't do it. He almost did it.

When that timeout was called BS looked to the sideline and threw up his hands in dis-belief ...

Reaction Score
When that timeout was called BS looked to the sideline and threw up his hands in dis-belief ...

I'm not blaming BS. But I'm also not going to give him a ton of credit for almost getting a win.

There are QBs that always seem to pull out a win in the clutch, and some that are terrible in the clutch, and some that ALMOST do great things in the clutch.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom