A Tale of Two Cities | The Boneyard

A Tale of Two Cities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The way I view it, we're standing at the opening line of "A Tale of Two Cities": "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times." Flash forward to next year--same time. There will be two possible paragraphs that will describe the status of our beloved Husky football program.
We'll be reading one of the two, but which one?

1. "You're not alone if you had trouble buying into the notion that Bob Diaco was up to the head coaching job in 2014. As the ugly losses and incessant stream of head- scratching coaching strategies piled up, it was painful to watch. But despite how unorthodox and perplexing his plan seemed to be to so many, he stuck to it. He retained an unwavering faith in his philosophy when others doubted his competence to do so and now he's reaping the results he predicted. He has turned a skeptical and dwindling fan base into thousands of true believers. Confidence and competence have finally returned as the Huskies who, surprisingly sitting at 7-3, are solidly in the running for the AAC title."

2. "With the Huskies now languishing at 2-10 after two successively disastrous seasons, all hope has left the UConn football fan base. The tinny sounding platitudes, disingenuous kumbaya-speak and blame the players babble has taken its toll. Whatever hope remained after the dismal 2014 season has now totally fizzled. And the natives are not just unhappy, they're angry. Proof of that was on display last evening when a vocal and relentless horde, holding torches and "Diaco Must Go" signs, marched through the Storrs campus, ending up at the doorsteps of Susan Herbst and the recently departed Warde Manuel"

You can write your own narrative if you wish but I'll go with #1. That's why I'm renewing my season tickets and the rest of you should too.

Reaction Score
The way I view it, we're standing at the opening line of "A Tale of Two Cities": "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times." Flash forward to next year--same time. There will be two possible paragraphs that will describe the status of our beloved Husky football program.
We'll be reading one of the two, but which one?

1. "You're not alone if you had trouble buying into the notion that Bob Diaco was up to the head coaching job in 2014. As the ugly losses and incessant stream of head- scratching coaching strategies piled up, it was painful to watch. But despite how unorthodox and perplexing his plan seemed to be to so many, he stuck to it. He retained an unwavering faith in his philosophy when others doubted his competence to do so and now he's reaping the results he predicted. He has turned a skeptical and dwindling fan base into thousands of true believers. Confidence and competence have finally returned as the Huskies who, surprisingly sitting at 7-3, are solidly in the running for the AAC title."

2. "With the Huskies now languishing at 2-10 after two successively disastrous seasons, all hope has left the UConn football fan base. The tinny sounding platitudes, disingenuous kumbaya-speak and blame the players babble has taken its toll. Whatever hope remained after the dismal 2014 season has now totally fizzled. And the natives are not just unhappy, they're angry. Proof of that was on display last evening when a vocal and relentless horde, holding torches and "Diaco Must Go" signs, marched through the Storrs campus, ending up at the doorsteps of Susan Herbst and the recently departed Warde Manuel"

You can write your own narrative if you wish but I'll go with #1. That's why I'm renewing my season tickets and the rest of you should too.

Cool story bro..

Reaction Score
He's not getting fired after next year, so we need to live with it.

Who'd better go after this year is our Dan Malloy look alike OC. No offensive identity or plan at all.

He didn't call the plays in his last job. We actually hired an OC who wasn't allowed to call plays. Apparently he may not call them here either.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
He's not getting fired after next year, so we need to live with it.

Who'd better go after this year is our Dan Malloy look alike OC. No offensive identity or plan at all.

Perhaps this is why 10k season ticket holders will be sitting at home next season. What happens if next season consists of wins vs. Nova, Army, USF, Tulsa, and Houston and 7 more embarrassing losses? I don't see how any program wanting to complete at this level and wanting people to support that effort can't deal with the simple requirement of beating NOVA, ARMY, and going .500 in this pitiful excuse for a conference.

Reaction Score
Perhaps this is why 10k season ticket holders will be sitting at home next season. What happens if next season consists of wins vs. Nova, Army, USF, Tulsa, and Houston and 7 more embarrassing losses? I don't see how any program wanting to complete at this level and wanting people to support that effort can't deal with the simple requirement of beating NOVA, ARMY, and going .500 in this pitiful excuse for a conference.

I don't disagree. But WM is not gonna come out next year and say "my bad".

Reaction Score
I hope we have a week off after the Army game next year to recover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger