OT: - A Super Bowl First??? | The Boneyard

OT: A Super Bowl First???

Reaction Score
Got an email from TiVo, If you record the game, you can

Skip the game. Watch the ads.
This Sunday, February 4, for those that want to replay the commercials and the half-time show, we’re trying out a new feature we call TiVo GameSkip. Set your TiVo box to record the big game. Shortly after the game has finished airing, look for the on-screen SKIP icon next to the recording. After you hit play, press the SKIP button1 and TiVo will skip the game and jump you to the beginning of the next commercial break. Now that’s what we call a winning play.

:)

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score

This Sunday, February 4, for those that want to replay the commercials and the half-time show, we’re trying out a new feature we call TiVo GameSkip. Set your TiVo box to record the big game. Shortly after the game has finished airing, look for the on-screen SKIP icon next to the recording. After you hit play, press the SKIP button1 and TiVo will skip the game and jump you to the beginning of the next commercial break. Now that’s what we call a winning play.

Can you do the opposite and if so, is this a one time thing ? Would be great to have for all recordings (skipping the commercials). I am just wondering because my DVR is not a TiVo.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

This has to one of the signs of the apocalypse. Skip the game and watch the commercials? That's just wrong.

Reaction Score
Can you do the opposite and if so, is this a one time thing ? Would be great to have for all recordings (skipping the commercials). I am just wondering because my DVR is not a TiVo.

Yes, on a lot of programs you can skip the ads. The remote has a skip button, and when it is usable a popup tells you on the tv.
They now came out with a voice remote... just say SNY and it goes to the games...;)

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
This has to one of the signs of the apocalypse. Skip the game and watch the commercials? That's just wrong.
If it were anything else but the SB I'd perhaps agree. But in my experience often the commercials are more entertaining than the game, which is more often boring than not. Having the option to skip the commercials, watch the game then go back and watch all the commercials is something everyone should have.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom