A Suggestion...Re: Player's injuries | Page 2 | The Boneyard

A Suggestion...Re: Player's injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I actually don't care. I am not related to them, and it's not like their injuries will impact my life. I'll let their doctor and family worry about them. I doubt any of the players sit around worrying about my or your medical conditions. The only time I even think about it is in the context of this web site or at game time, but outside of posting here or watching the game, yeah never even crosses my mind.
Oh please, I don't believe a word of this BS! You can't be a fan (and I'm pretty sure you are) and not care about the players, their health and well being.

Reaction Score
"We'll know a lot more when we get back," he said. "And we'll have to go from there, whatever that is."

Geno's comment strains credulity a bit...It's not like the injury happened yesterday....they had to wait to test her until he was (virtually compelled) to make a comment in a press situ?

I actually think he was trying to be helpful and forthcoming within the confines of not releasing privileged info.

And so a suggestion: IF we're not entitled to know (anything)....so be it

Coaches should say absolutely nothing except...on the morning at...say 9:30
a list of players who are cleared to play is announced.
'f asked at a presser, "no comment" being the appropriate response.
Not sure what part of that “strains credulity”? Are you saying they won’t know more when they get back? Will they not go forward based on what the doctors say?
I have to believe that after 35+ years as head coach, Geno knows how to deal with the press, while still protecting his player’s privacy and giving out whatever information he deems appropriate.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Not sure what part of that “strains credulity”? Are you saying they won’t know more when they get back? Will they not go forward based on what the doctors say?
I have to believe that after 35+ years as head coach, Geno knows how to deal with the press, while still protecting his player’s privacy and giving out whatever information he deems appropriate.
Cuango

I was wrong...there was only a brief turnaround time between the Sunday game and the Seton Hall game...It is entirely reasonable that tests were not performed until a few days after the injury.

Can't fault anyone for Geno's statement...except he said: "We'll know a lot more..."

I don't think he means that the membership of this august group will know more...
Just that he will know more.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I think many of you either missed or ignore AD Benedict's statement a while back. Due to HIIPA and student privacy, the athletic department was not going to releasing any information or updates on injured players.

You may not like the call, but that's life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom