A successful Weekend for Carla takes her over 400 wins | The Boneyard

A successful Weekend for Carla takes her over 400 wins

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
With decisive wins over Cornell and Columbia, Carla Berube notched her 400th and 401st victories as a coach (14th season of coaching).

Her Team surprised her with a mini celebration (ESPN+ replay) top of broadcast.

I was curious where Geno was in his win total (at the end of his) 14th season...357 wins....
(My math might be off...pardon if I'm not quite correct).

I don't know if Div. 3 counts....Apples and Oranges?

Still, mighty impressive.

Hall of Fame career?

Reaction Score
With decisive wins over Cornell and Columbia, Carla Berube notched her 400th and 401st victories as a coach (14th season of coaching).

Her Team surprised her with a mini celebration (ESPN+ replay) top of broadcast.

I was curious where Geno was in his win total (at the end of his) 14th season...357 wins....

Still, mighty impressive.

Hall of Fame career?

Impressive, yes. But, yes, apples and oranges.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
With decisive wins over Cornell and Columbia, Carla Berube notched her 400th and 401st victories as a coach (14th season of coaching). Her Team surprised her with a mini celebration (ESPN+ replay) top of broadcast. I was curious where Geno was in his win total (at the end of his) 14th season...357 wins.... (My math might be off...pardon if I'm not quite correct).
Carla was head coach at Tufts for 17 years. A Princeton article has her 17 year Tuft's record at 384-96. Add her Princeton record of 17-1 and she is 401-97 80.5%. In the last almost 8 years her Tufts and Princeton teams are 214-25 89.5%. Yikes! Genoish!!! Yeah, after Geno retires UCONN should select someone else to replace him. Not Carla!!! Double yikes!!! :rolleyes::D

Reaction Score
We'll have a better idea about all of this 4 years from now when Princeton will
be playing with players all recruited by Carla.

LesMis89

Dedicated Lurker
Reaction Score
Myopic? To suggest that there is a difference between compiling wins at DIII versus doing it at the highest level of DI? Think about your response again.
Yes, myopic.

Carla's DIII wins came with teams composed of players from a similar recruiting pool as her opponents. She won with those players. Her opposing DIII teams did not (more often than not.)

Of course, Tufts has excellent academics which would be very appealing to recruits. But there are DI coaches from top academic schools out there who consistently underwhelm with their results...cough cough...Duke...cough cough. So, Tufts may have aided Carla in getting players in the door, but she still had to coach them.

Reaction Score
Yes, myopic.

Carla's DIII wins came with teams composed of players from a similar recruiting pool as her opponents. She won with those players. Her opposing DIII teams did not (more often than not.)

Of course, Tufts has excellent academics which would be very appealing to recruits. But there are DI coaches from top academic schools out there who consistently underwhelm with their results...cough cough...Duke...cough cough. So, Tufts may have aided Carla in getting players in the door, but she still had to coach them.

Ignoring the reality of DIII athletics, where the variation in performance between DIII programs is far greater than between DI programs.

Carla’s is an impressive achievement. But it’s also a different achievement than Geno’s. To note that they are different achievements is not to diminish Carla’s achievement.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
In her first year coaching D-1, Berube has only one loss to date. By only 2 points on the road at Top 20, Big 10 leading Iowa. By any measure that's phenomenal.

Reaction Score
In her first year coaching D-1, Berube has only one loss to date. By only 2 points on the road at Top 20, Big 10 leading Iowa. By any measure that's phenomenal.
Agreed. And that loss was in OT.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score

Thanks Cat and Carl...I was worried that my shortcomings in Math
would fail me at this critical juncture...and of course it did.
Just a dumb, retired musician.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom