A Stupid NBA rule costs the Heat this time | The Boneyard

A Stupid NBA rule costs the Heat this time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Why is a shot clock violation not a delayed call? Heat had a breakaway layup if they didn't have to blow the whistle. I hate that rule too. (Same rule in college in this case, though)

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Seems like a bad rule but the option is judgment... Which usually turns out worse.

Reaction Score
This one has always annoyed me. There are a lot of delayed calls in sports - off sides in hockey, most things in soccer, obstruction calls in baseball. Let it play out - if the defensive team gets possession let them play the advantage. Different if it is a foul or traveling where they have to stop the game, but a shot clock violation with a live ball would be easy to make a delayed whistle.

I will say after watching the replay that in this case, Indiana made no effort to get back on D, figuring the shot clock would go off, so perhaps Chalmers wouldn't have gotten a sure uncontested layup if the rules were different. Obviously, the Heat were killed more by a lousy Wade shot and two James turnovers on the last 3 possessions.

Reaction Score
They had their chances and LJ had his, gagged a little......too bad!! :D.........Indy should be up 2-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom