A state Superior Court judge has ruled that the hiring of Corey Edsall was not a violation and he can keep his job. | The Boneyard

A state Superior Court judge has ruled that the hiring of Corey Edsall was not a violation and he can keep his job.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Here's the money paragraph:

1541108266803.png

The only ones who didn't see that coming was the ethics board.

Reaction Score
Mike Anthony: Judge ruling shows ethics challenge in UConn football coaching case was a waste of time

>>The introduction of common sense to Randy Edsall’s legal battle with the Citizen’s Ethics Advisory Board came Thursday via two succinct declarations by Superior Court Judge Joseph Shortall that amounted to a pound-your-chest UConn victory and an embarrassing defeat for the Citizen’s Ethics Advisory Board.

The board, Shortall wrote in a ruling, was "clearly erroneous in view of the reliable, probative, and substantial evidence on the whole record” and exhibited "clearly unwarranted exercise of discretion" in claims that Edsall’s son, UConn assistant coach Corey Edsall, should not be able to keep his job.<<

Reaction Score
Screen Shot 2018-11-02 at 11.25.38 AM.png

Translation -- the legislature a statute with a big, gaping hole in it. That the University exploited it is not their fault, and there is not a damn thing the ethics committee can do about it. This was always the case.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
View attachment 35877

Translation -- the legislature a statute with a big, gaping hole in it. That the University exploited it is not their fault, and there is not a damn thing the ethics committee can do about it. This was always the case.

...the legal equivalent of "RTFM," no?

Reaction Score
Well, that's a relief. I was worried about the impact to our recruiting.

I don't care about the immediate case -- I care about the precedent it would have set.

Reaction Score
Is this ruling a good thing or a bad thing for UConn football?

CL82

Reaction Score
View attachment 35877

Could not disagree with this take more. Did you read the whole decision? The courts calls out the Ethics board for fabricating its positions. Those who are calling a body slam are spot on.

Reaction Score
Could not disagree with this take more. Did you read the whole decision? The courts calls out the Ethics board for fabricating its positions. Those who are calling a body slam are spot on.

I read the entire decision, and I do love some of the slapping around that the court does. But the case hinged on whether he was an employee. He wasn't, and there is only a potential violation under the statute if he was. The entire case was about that issue, and that issue only.

CL82

Reaction Score
I read the entire decision, and I do love some of the slapping around that the court does. But the case hinged on whether he was an employee. He wasn't, and there is only a potential violation under the statute if he was. The entire case was about that issue, and that issue only.
Nope. It was also about whether the supervision of Corey plan put in place was a sham as asserted by the Ethics Board. The court clearly and unequivocally said that the Ethics Board was wrong on both counts.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Everyone with a brain in his/her heads knew this was a colossal waste of time...except for the dopes in CT's Ethics Board. Thanks for wasting more taxpayer money, Ethics Board. The land of steady and stupid habits.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom