A Star is Born | The Boneyard

A Star is Born

Reaction Score
So that is what Lady Gaga looks like like without all of that junk. Absolutely gorgeous.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
So that is what Lady Gaga looks like like without all of that junk. Absolutely gorgeous.

I wouldn't say "absolutely gorgeous". But back in my youth, I would've hit it.

lady-gaga-a-star-is-born-2018-billboard-1548.jpg

Still, very talented woman. I'm not a fan of her usual stuff, but the duet album with Tony Bennett was pretty good.

Reaction Score

Still, very talented woman. I'm not a fan of her usual stuff, but the duet album with Tony Bennett was pretty good.

That’s not her best side. The other photos I saw had her looking much better.

But yes, she is Uber talented and works really hard. I have bigtime respect for that performer.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Reviews seem to be good on that movie, so will check it out hopefully.

Btw, I saw her with Bennett in NYC and really enjoyed their performance together.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Stoopid question...this is a remake of the Streisand/Kristofferson movie?

Also...she looks fantastic on new Vogue cover.

1538760281888.png

Reaction Score
I think this is like the third or fourth remake of this movie.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Just saw this. Lady Gaga is very good. The movie is unusually patient, in terms of recent-era movies, in that it allows for several full music performances, which are among the highlights because the music holds up and she is very talented.

It seems unfair to criticize it as predictable because we all know the story going in. But it is predictable. And it is depressing; I hate watching drunks/addicts self-destruct--even more so when you know it's coming again...and again...and again. Reminded me of Jeff Bridges in Crazy Heart in that respect. I got to the point where I think I agreed with her manager that staying with Cooper was going to tank her career.

Thought Andrew Dice Clay and Sam Elliott were excellent. Cooper was good but I got tired of him by the end. Probably could have been a half hour shorter, but I suppose that would have compromised the full-length music performances, which are among its greatest strengths. Otherwise you're watching Cooper spiral.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
And it is depressing; I hate watching drunks/addicts self-destruct--even more so when you know it's coming again...and again...and again. Reminded me of Jeff Bridges in Crazy Heart in that respect.

Uh oh. I'm interested in this movie, but really struggle watching the addiction/self destruction stories. Now I'm having second thoughts about it. After the aforementioned Crazy Heart, plus The Wrestler and Flight, not sure I can take another movie along those lines.

Reaction Score
Just saw this. Lady Gaga is very good. The movie is unusually patient, in terms of recent-era movies, in that it allows for several full music performances, which are among the highlights because the music holds up and she is very talented.

It seems unfair to criticize it as predictable because we all know the story going in. But it is predictable. And it is depressing; I hate watching drunks/addicts self-destruct--even more so when you know it's coming again...and again...and again. Reminded me of Jeff Bridges in Crazy Heart in that respect. I got to the point where I think I agreed with her manager that staying with Cooper was going to tank her career.

Thought Andrew Dice Clay and Sam Elliott were excellent. Cooper was good but I got tired of him by the end. Probably could have been a half hour shorter, but I suppose that would have compromised the full-length music performances, which are among its greatest strengths. Otherwise you're watching Cooper spiral.
Agreed for the most part. Really liked the full length musical pieces. Really set the stage for both of them, IMO. Felt very genuine. Really liked Jackson Maine, too, so yeah, tough to watch it play out like you expected it to.

Last edited:

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
She was great in American Horror Story.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members