A Star Is Born! First Badass Award . . . | The Boneyard

A Star Is Born! First Badass Award . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
I think Sanya did an amazing job when we needed it the most. of course Pheese's block at the end was the best play of the game!

Btw K- is this Pheese's first award?

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
There was a moment (perhaps in the 2nd quarter), Kib, when Collier extinguished her modified deer in the headlights look.
And something else took its place...

Hey, mon...I've gotta do sumpting, or we ain't gonna win.

Then she started playing big-time, winning, BB.

It was a pleasure to see...as was Saniya's spunk and confidence.

Reaction Score
Just think about, no Kyla, minimum Gabby and Kia, UConn does play good game.
Crytal will be a star ...

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I think Sanya did an amazing job when we needed it the most. of course Pheese's block at the end was the best play of the game!

Btw K- is this Pheese's first award?

perhaps, but remember the Texas game...it was there all the time.

And she played almost all or indeed all of the game

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
There was also a moment in the 1st half. UConn with a small lineup; Molly made a bunch of neat plays
and for the 1st time, it reminded me of UConn BB.

I was a little sorry Geno, didn't try that combination again.

Reaction Score
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- Napheesa Collier had 28 points and big block down the stretch to help No. 3 UConn open its season with a 78-76 win over No. 12 Florida State on Monday night.

Saniya Chong scored 16 points and Katie Lou Samuelson added 14 as the Huskies (1-0) extended their winning streak to 76 games, which is the third-longest streak in college basketball history.

Connecticut vs. Florida State - Game Recap - November 14, 2016 - ESPN

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Napheesa played her tail off tonight. She had 28 points; 8 rebounds and 4 blocks, and she hit a 3. Saniya came through with 16 points, and Lou added 14 points. The star was Napheesa, she played with pure determination, that block at the end was the nail in the coffin.

Reaction Score
Napheesa was just great. Another bright spot was Crystal, who is farther along than Mo at the same point. This may not be another championship year, but the player development is coming right along.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Napheesa played her tail off tonight. She had 28 points; 8 rebounds and 4 blocks, and she hit a 3. Saniya came through with 16 points, and Lou added 14 points. The star was Napheesa, she played with pure determination, that block at the end was the nail in the coffin.
Learning experience: Napheesa just needs to repeat that about 115 more times. :D

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Wow, I've got a lot to look at in this game obviously. Anyone see a paste up of Geno's post game remarks? His 6 pm radio show on Tuesday should be fascinating.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
As far as PONs go , I will say that Butler is going to have to develop more of an edge on the boards. She does an OK job of blocking out but then she doesn't dominate her immediate area the way she needs to, including the space above her. It's not going to be solved overnight -- more like slow , continuous work.

And CD pushing her hard ;)

If Butler can improve measurably on the glass she will get more minutes and this team has a shot at making a deep run in the tourney. If not I think we could still go deep but it will be much more difficult.

Reaction Score
A poster commented over the summer that he didn't think Collier would start. Sometimes you read a post that just stays with you, for whatever reason. That one did to me. :confused:
Well, I'm sure that wasn't me because I watched every game when Phee, Lou, De'Janee, and Arike Ogunbowale, when they were still in high school, bring home the gold medal for the USA in the 3 on 3. Lou was nursing an ankle during that tournament and didn't start most games and then played limited minutes to be safe. Phee played a lot and scored a lot and defended a lot. I could see then she was going to be a GOOD one. I was so happy when she and Lou committed to UConn. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom