A Special Freshman & A Special Junior | Page 2 | The Boneyard

A Special Freshman & A Special Junior

Reaction Score
Good grief, used to be a thread had to be titled "Freshmen Playing Time", or "Megan Walker" or just "Meg" or "MW" to generate the same old, same old comments. Now it just takes "Special Freshman" and we're off to the races. Keep hoping there might be something new (maybe she's a master chef, or plays the tuba or is studying astrophysics or breeds iguanas) however it quickly devolves to just the same old comments and replies. But, hope springs eternal and I'll keep reading!

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
One could say that joining the UConn Women's Basketball Team is like pledging for a sorority. During your pledge (freshman year) period, that is by far the worst time you will ever experience (carrying upperclassmen's bags to and fro, doing other team related duties that ALL freshmen are assigned/expected to do). After that period is over, you're home free, you're in. Next year, the focus will be on the new pledges.
Except hazing usually happens with nobody but the sisters watching. It’s not lost on these kids that a lot of eyes watch every UConn game. Don’t take that as me disagreeing with Geno’s methods, because nobody’s done it better.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
So outside winning a national championship there is no benefit to coming to UConn? How about (1) getting the most out of their potential, (2) becoming the most WNBA ready, (3) being in a great basketball environment (UConn still too 3 in attendance and great facilities) and (4) great teammates and team play, etc...

I am not discounting your point, only adding a broader perspective as to why players may come to UConn. Also while our (youths) culture continues to change there are still plenty of young folks that want to be pushed hard to maximize their abilities. There are other coaches and a softer side of Geno that creates a family and caring environment. Lastly, if guaranteed NC is the most important thing for all players no one would have picked any other school over UConn for the last X years.
My post was based on comments from some players comments. Stewart, Z and others stated they came to UCONN to because they wanted to win NC. That's all. I agree that there are other reasons or at least there should be.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom