A Snippet Of Makurat | The Boneyard

A Snippet Of Makurat

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
“Of course, it’s hard because it’s the first time with a different language, different people, different culture and everything, but I really enjoy this time,” she explained. “I think it’s going to be better and better every day.

“I think it’s a beautiful and great place. Of course, it’s the best place for college basketball. That was the most important to me.”

Makurat plans to visit Poland this weekend before returning to campus next month for the start of school. And when she does get back, there is one person she would like to meet.

Taurasi, of course.
“I knew that she was in this program,” Makurat said. “It’s pretty amazing that I have a chance and an opportunity to be in the same program.”

Makurat adjusting quickly to America, UConn

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be surprised to see her play but one season but I'd love to see Geno's dream of playing a 5 guard team could happen in 2021. Williams, Bueckers, Makurat, Griffin, Muhl, McLean, Westbrook, Walker. All in the 5'11"-6'1" range and all able to play on the perimeter. Press all game with an 8 man rotation. Who needs height.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be surprised to see her play but one season but I'd love to see Geno's dream of playing a 5 guard team could happen in 2021. Williams, Bueckers, Makurat, Griffin, Muhl, McLean, Westbrook, Walker. All in the 5'11"-6'1" range and all able to play on the perimeter. Press all game with an 8 man rotation. Who needs height.

Why would she come all this way to just play 1 season at Uconn?

Reaction Score
Why would she come all this way to just play 1 season at Uconn?

Distance is irrelevent. Most trip time is spent in airports. She admits she has followed the program so maybe it's a dream come true now but sometimes the reality is less than the dream. And if she were to star in a NCAA championship it would increase her value in Euro ball. Both Tuck and Stevens left after finding out how much they could earn. I have no idea about her financial condition right there are 2 reasons she could leave. And if you look at the prospective lineup there is a lot of talent at 1-3 so she might decide that earning a paycheck is preferable to sitting on the bench. I'm not predicting that. I hope she stays the 4 years.

edit: This borders on a taboo topic so I'll go no further.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I give up, Geno's dream ??? Yes guards are a priority for the game but what team ever won anything with out a big or two? What team has ever won anything other than medical attention trying to press an entire game?
Not trying to attack your basketball acumen here but this is fantasy at best.
Who needs height? ..... Ask anyone who has ever coached the game at any level. The reply will be "you can't teach height".

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Ania's sister played 2 years at Liberty and transferred to Utah. She sat out last year, so she's been in the U.S. for 3 years and counting. I don't expect to see her or Ania leave early.

Reaction Score
Distance is irrelevent. Most trip time is spent in airports. She admits she has followed the program so maybe it's a dream come true now but sometimes the reality is less than the dream. And if she were to star in a NCAA championship it would increase her value in Euro ball. Both Tuck and Stevens left after finding out how much they could earn. I have no idea about her financial condition right there are 2 reasons she could leave. And if you look at the prospective lineup there is a lot of talent at 1-3 so she might decide that earning a paycheck is preferable to sitting on the bench. I'm not predicting that. I hope she stays the 4 years.
"How much they could earn" is not why Tuck and Stevens left. I think that we all need to be careful about projecting our own values and motivations on the players.

Reaction Score
“Of course, it’s hard because it’s the first time with a different language, different people, different culture and everything, but I really enjoy this time,” she explained. “I think it’s going to be better and better every day.

“I think it’s a beautiful and great place. Of course, it’s the best place for college basketball. That was the most important to me.”

Makurat plans to visit Poland this weekend before returning to campus next month for the start of school. And when she does get back, there is one person she would like to meet.

Taurasi, of course.
“I knew that she was in this program,” Makurat said. “It’s pretty amazing that I have a chance and an opportunity to be in the same program.”
I love this kid more and more.

Makurat adjusting quickly to America, UConn. I hope the many millions of Poles/Polish that have made Connecticut there home will open their doors and hearts to her. Being this far from home, for the first time for some is not a great emotional place to be. This isn't Geno's first European Rodeo so his family and team will work to make this work for Ania. It is great that she thinks Storrs is a great place, I thought so too.
When Oct/Nov occurs here emotions may relax. While she MAY never be the next DT I have great hopes she MAY become the next Svetlana--Remember the Sveta Grandmothers??? For me what ever Ania/Anna does will not be a disappointment just being here fills my heart.

Reaction Score
Yea
"How much they could earn" is not why Tuck and Stevens left. I think that we all need to be careful about projecting our own values and motivations on the players.

You know that they were not interested in their WNBA/European value>> Ignorant kids. The SECOND thing to ask in getting a new job is: HOW MUCH DOES IT PAY. I doubt either were in the mix of the W's lottery
for marbles or an ego trip (only). Both had another year they could have played for UConn.
I'd sure like to see where either said they weren't in it for the money!!
Oh, yea the first question is always: When is lunch!! The 3rd is : where is the break room
The really bad part of that posting was --putting words or thoughts in Ania/Annia abt departing in a year. If she were of that mind she'd following a Hen home.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom