A simple question. Was RE all in at UConn? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

A simple question. Was RE all in at UConn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I feel like Randy is the like last Zombie living in a horror movie, even when you think and hope the last shovel of dirt is on his grave, he manages to rear his ugly head.

Reaction Score
Do you think we got his best effort for the biggest, most important game in UConn history?

Do you think he purposely failed to execute on the night the program he built was close to shocking the world?

To answer your question: Yes I do. We had our shots that night, but we were out gunned. We weren't the first team to be out matched by the Sooners and we won't be the last.

Reaction Score
Do you think he purposely failed to execute on the night the program he built was close to shocking the world?

quote]

Please explain how we were close to shocking the world? That should be good for some laughs.

Reaction Score
The fact that we made a BCS game in just over a decade at the D-I level wasn't enough.....No one thought we would win the game, but as I recall, at kickoff the score was 0-0 and upsets are possible .....hence we had a chance to shock the world. Maybe I am wrong and the score was 21-0 at the start.

Reaction Score

To answer your question: Yes I do. We had our shots that night, but we were out gunned. We weren't the first team to be out matched by the Sooners and we won't be the last.

Wow.

I am assuming you were wearing a tin foil hat when you typed that?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
It would be amazing right now if Randy himself posted! Randy?Randy is that you? Speak please say something! Anything! Come on take the Maryland bandana out of your mouth! Take the rope off your hands.Randy?

Reaction Score
Edsall can have the fields named after him if he donates a couple of million dollars. The fields should be named after someone who pays a significant sum for that honor.

His coaching record does NOT come close to befitting him with that honor.

Reaction Score
Edsall can have the fields named after him if he donates a couple of million dollars. The fields should be named after someone who pays a significant sum for that honor.

If you 'd like to be useful, contribute enough money so they name the fields after you and this stops being an issue.

Reaction Score
If you 'd like to be useful, contribute enough money so they name the fields after you and this stops being an issue.

Although the university has dug into my pockets for decades, they are not deep enough to satisfy their standards for naming. However, I am positive Herbst/Pendergast are smart enough not to throw away this fund raising opportunity by naming the field after a .500 coach.

Reaction Score
Although the university has dug into my pockets for decades, they are not deep enough to satisfy their standards for naming. However, I am positive Herbst/Pendergast are smart enough not to throw away this fund raising opportunity by naming the field after a .500 coach.

I doubt that is seriously being considered anyway. We are really going to name something for one of our recruiting rivals? Would the school really do something like that? That would go over real well on recruiting trips, "Here we have the Randy Edsall practice fields". I have higher hopes than that for the decision makers at UConn.

Reaction Score

With apologies to Jimmy S., again,
His record doesnt have to to be...His relative program longevity and moniker as being the father of modern day UConn football to many alone would allow for its consideration. Relax, relax its probably going to be some one with deep pockets. I imagine the new baseball stadium name will be a large sponsor/donor. Softball too. It will be interesting to see what they come up with for the Basketball Facility. Thats going to be a tough one. Maybe name it "The Legends Basketball Facility" for the overall building as to include the HOF coaches and former players and then Calhoun Court for the guys and Auriemma Court for the gals? ... or name it after someone like Burton/Shenkman/Gampel. thats alot of donation dollars and they want it all done by 2014!

Reaction Score

FWIW (not much), I don't find it credible that the university would actually consider naming something after a coach who left the program to coach a recruiting rival a half days drive away.

Reaction Score
Honestly Pal, how great would that be?
The university wants you to kick in for a general building project, then when Randy eventually becomes the coach at Juniata or Alleghany, UConn names its outdoor practice complex after him. You can then say you are 100% behind the man you knew never believed in UConn after his second year here.

Reaction Score
Honestly Pal, how great would that be?
The university wants you to kick in for a general building project, then when Randy eventually becomes the coach at Juniata or Alleghany, UConn names its outdoor practice complex after him. You can then say you are 100% behind the man you knew never believed in UConn after his second year here.
I don't understand this post. I would answer the question if I could follow it.

Reaction Score
Wow.

I am assuming you were wearing a tin foil hat when you typed that?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
My response was to the previios post. If you think he didn't care that night....I guess we simply don't agree.

Reaction Score
My response was to the previios post. If you think he didn't care that night....I guess we simply don't agree.

My bad, definitely misread your post. I thought you were agreeing with the original posters idiotic assertion.

Reaction Score

The Randy Edsall Porta Pottys at Rentchler Field

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak