A simple question. Was RE all in at UConn? | The Boneyard

A simple question. Was RE all in at UConn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Or did he have one foot out the door looking for any mediocre job out there?

I have always said that IMHO, Randy Edsall never believe in UConn. Well, now he has his dream job. Great. But how can he criticize his players for not being "all in" when the example he set with his own career is anything but all in. There is a word for people who demand something of others that they do not demand of themselves, the word is hypocrite.

Reaction Score

I have always said that IMHO, Randy Edsall never believe in UConn. Well, now he has his dream job. Great. But how can he criticize his players for not being "all in" when the example he set with his own career is anything but all in. There is a word for people who demand something of others that they do not demand of themselves, the word is hypocrite.

seriously!? find a new song to play!

Reaction Score
I'm taking one for the team.

I've got a loaded pistol, a sharp knife and scissors. If the gun misfires and the knife isn't sharp enough I'm going to run around the house with the scissors.

Lord take me now.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I know in February, 13 months after a coach leaves this is a pressing question.

Here is what matters:

A. Who did they beat and who did they lose to
B. Did players get educated
C. Did players behave or did they embarrass the university

Ridiculous concepts like 'all-in' don't matter. There are a decade of facts and realities to debate, there is no need to worry about what might have gone on in someone's head.

Reaction Score
When will Elvis leave the building? Randy at this point could be bigger than Elvis.

Reaction Score
When will Elvis leave the building? Randy at this point could be bigger than Elvis.

Discussion would stop if the most Randy Edsall obsessed poster would stop bringing him up. Palatine's schtick ran it's course long ago. He is obsessed with our former coach.

Reaction Score
You used to be much more subtle at starting trouble for no good reason. Have one too many tonight?

Reaction Score
I actually totally agree with Palentine. The way he left was probably one of the worst ways any coach can leave. He owed a lot more to UConn than the way he left and I think he was thinking about leaving from the day his name started coming up for all those other dream jobs...most notably, the G-Tech job, at least THEY made the right choice at the time.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Every time I see another Randy Edsall thread, I think... This is the last thread like this, this horse has been beaten to a pulp... And I'm always proven wrong!

I think he believed UConn could win the Big East. They did. Beyond that- who knows.

Randy busted his rear to build this program. Suggesting otherwise is revisionist history or some bizarre vendetta. The way he left sucked, yes. Yes, his name came up for many openings- but there is zero proof that was Edsall's doing.

Reaction Score

Yes. In fact there remains a strong sentiment within the the Athletic Department to have the outdoor practice fields named after him when they get moved south of The Shenk.

Reaction Score
Does anybody have any evidence that he didn't work his ass off while he was here? Wanting a better job (or what you perceive to be a better job) in and of itself means nothing.

Reaction Score
Edsall was here for a decade. Was part of the reason he wanted UConn to grow, self-serving? Absolutely. But...isn't that the case for anyone, who does...anything?

Reaction Score
The answer is obviously yes!!

The way he stayed for a decade plus...built the program from the ground up...graduated players....all done with only half of his heart and soul committed to the program. Just imagine what he could have done if he was fully invested.......

I guess the Silly Season has officially begun.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Yes. In fact there remains a strong sentiment within the the Athletic Department to have the outdoor practice fields named after him when they get moved south of The Shenk.

Truth be told, I'd be just fine with the AD eventually being compelled to name those fields after the current HC instead of Edsall - and I'd be willing to deal with all of the ancillary events that would need to happen to facilitate that decision...

Reaction Score
Do you think we got his best effort for the biggest, most important game in UConn history?

I'm not an Edsall backer, however, I'm quite sure he wanted to win the Fiesta Bowl, if that is the game you are referring to. It would be in his best interests to win that game.

I do wonder if Edsall was "All in" here as a recruiter. Was he "all in" on building the necessary recruiting relationships? Have his methods changed at Maryland?

Reaction Score
Do you think we got his best effort for the biggest, most important game in UConn history?

No. I'm one of the few Apologistas that wish he left before the game. But truth be told, Nick Saban could've coached us that day. We weren't beating Oklahoma.

On a side note, is the athletic dept really interested in naming the practice fields after Edsall? I want to think its a joke. Please tell me this isn't seriously being considered.

Reaction Score
On a side note, is the athletic dept really interested in naming the practice fields after Edsall? I want to think its a joke. Please tell me this isn't seriously being considered.

Lew Perkins would be a better choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak