A Serious FBS AD would force some kind of change now | The Boneyard

A Serious FBS AD would force some kind of change now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Warde, it's up to you big fella.

I get firing PP is off the table until December. But firing GDL is certainly reasonable and probably would be executedimmediately at any I-A school below the Mason-Dixon line that cared about football (see Houston, Georgia Tech). At a minimum let Shane Day call plays . . . .or maybe hire the Hand High coach or offensive coordinator. Anything to save us from this nightmare

Reaction Score
Houston fired their OC after the first game and apparently is scoring points like it's going out of fashion. Georgia Tech fired Al Groh as DC just last Monday That's off the top of my head I'm sure there's more out there . . . BTW your signature gif is blowing my mind

Reaction Score
Houston fired their OC after the first game and apparently is scoring points like it's going out of fashion. Georgia Tech fired Al Groh as DC just last Monday That's off the top of my head I'm sure there's more out there . . . BTW your signature gif is blowing my mind
She's an Austalian hurdler, I think on the Olympic team. Can't recall her name. She's pretty remarkable.

Reaction Score
Warde, it's up to you big fella.

I get firing PP is off the table until December. But firing GDL is certainly reasonable and probably would be executedimmediately at any I-A school below the Mason-Dixon line that cared about football (see Houston, Georgia Tech). At a minimum let Shane Day call plays . . . .or maybe hire the Hand High coach or offensive coordinator. Anything to save us from this nightmare

See... I agree with a scape-goat firing for perception purposes if we want to be that type of program or alternately, take the O-Line away from GDL on Monday. Both phases (O-Line and Play Calling) need more focused attention. I don't think the TE's need as much attention. Pull a Randy - let PP coach the TE's!

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
He's moving up on the "Coaches Hot Seat" web site (#41 before today) but there are some real screw-ups ahead of Paul Pasqualoni like Charlie Weiss, Slip Holtz, Randy Edsall and Frank Spaziani. Randy might drop off the fiery 15 this week but Spazzo will further his lock on the Top Spot with BC's 48-point drubbing by Florida State

http://www.coacheshotseat.com/CoachesHotSeatRanking.htm

Reaction Score
Two questions.... First, how is P stil "safe". And how the hell is Skip Holtz worth 1.9 million/season????

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I believe Warde and Susan are looking for a football program that can hold up the APR first, win second. If everyone is doing well academically, then PP will muddle along for a while. After all, no shame in losing to Temple, we have become Temple.

Reaction Score
I believe Warde and Susan are looking for a football program that can hold up the APR first, win second. If everyone is doing well academically, then PP will muddle along for a while. After all, no shame in losing to Temple, we have become Temple.

Or Temple surpassed us because of coaching!

Reaction Score

You can win and have a high APR. Warde and Susan will demand both equally. Bank on it Warde has already taken charge in certain areas.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
It's nearly impossible to get fired with 5 wins .....

Buffalo's Turner Gill went 20-30 and left because Kansas hired him not because Warde Manuel fired him for being under .500.

Current Buffalo coach and Warde Manuel hire Jeff Quinn is 6-24 at Buffalo.

Tuner Gill knows how to get fired in two years. He went 1-16 in the Big 12 in two seasons at Kansas before Charlie Weis stepped into it.

Reaction Score
Herbst understands the value of having a competitive I-A football program. I'd suspect she was doing a lot of entertaining today as our coaching yet again allowed another team back in the game. Hope someone with some clout voiced the same concerns many are making on this board

Reaction Score
I'm very close to the point where I think Pasqualoni and Deleone should both be handed their slips - and I really think Pasqualoni is a good college football head coach. Deleone is his downfall, now - as it was at Syracuse.

Deleone for what he has done, to what little successful offense we had, has got to go. Pasqualoni, for both putting him in position to do it, and failing to stop him, as he's progressed with it. Our offensive players may not be very good, but they are not that bad either.

They need to play with confidence, and develop the ability to move the chains, without constantly going backwards, because of false starts, and gimmick play calls that break up our rhythym and focus.

I think that 11 guys in the huddle, calling their own plays, have a greater chance of developing some real rhythym and confidence, than what's happening with our offense right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom