A relative majority of the Power Five conference coaches told ESPN that they favor a schedule consis | The Boneyard

A relative majority of the Power Five conference coaches told ESPN that they favor a schedule consis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have never been one to poop on FHCRE but his comments were disgusting. He forgets where he came from and treats us with disdain. Et tu Brutus?

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Because of the tougher schedules under this hypothetical scenario, teams would not be required to reach six wins to play in a bowl.

What a gigantic load of crap. The only way they could make the bowl system worse would be to invite a 5-7 Alabama team because "they're Alabama"

Reaction Score
I have never been one to poop on FHCRE but his comments were disgusting. He forgets where he came from and treats us with disdain. Et tu Brutus?

That is so typical of him. I would have been astonished if he said something leaning the other way. Self serving primadona.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Kevin Wilson gets what the downfall would be. Fans would go berzerk when they go from winning 8-9 games on schedule and HFA to winning 5-7.

Reaction Score
Edsall has much bigger things to worry about than what conference MD's future opponents play in (although B1G conference rules state they cannot play FCS schools). He needs to worry about his job...or we may see him doing UCONN games on ESPN3 next season.

Reaction Score
Dan Mullen let the cat out of the bag as to what the coaches at the P5 schools really want. Once they break off, they'll try to get additional scholarships to hoard more players.

Cut off access to money, then access to players, and then keep it all for themselves.

Reaction Score
This has nothing to do with strength of schedule and everything to do with greed and keeping everyone else out. I expect a lawsuit or two if this happens.

I can see that happening if they blatantly try to build a wall around the P5.

Reaction Score
Edsall has much bigger things to worry about than what conference MD's future opponents play in (although B1G conference rules state they cannot play FCS schools). He needs to worry about his job...or we may see him doing UCONN games on ESPN3 next season.

With any luck, Maryland fires his boring arse this season and he ends up coaching in the MAC, and his tune will change....

Reaction Score
This has nothing to do with strength of schedule and everything to do with greed and keeping everyone else out. I expect a lawsuit or two if this happens.

This will effectively squander much of college football's popularity. I like college football because it isn't the NFL. The NFL and parity have created a pretty stagnant game in my opinion.

Reaction Score
Dan Mullen let the cat out of the bag as to what the coaches at the P5 schools really want. Once they break off, they'll try to get additional scholarships to hoard more players.

Cut off access to money, then access to players, and then keep it all for themselves.
Funny thing about comments from a guy like Mullen...he too like Edsall needs to worry about whether he has a job after next season. Let's see what guys like Mullen and Edsall say if they end up getting fired and are either on the outside looking in with their new job..or like I posted before are doing games on ESPN3

Reaction Score
Probably not an equivalent comparison, but for years D-1 schools, whether the current P-5 or non P-5 conferences, have marginalized payouts from NCAA to FCS and D-II, D-III championship games. Did what those teams received as revenue ever cover costs of participating in those games?

I'm not sure the additional schools that may be locked out of big money games, or reduced revenues from lower level bowl games or championship games have much to complain about. Football conferences have been marginalized in terms of revenue for ever, regardless of what division they competed in. The "have not" conferences have just got larger......Unfortunately UConn is in one.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't that force ND to join a conference for real? They can't decide ND is a P5 team as an independent can they? If that's the case, we could just call ourselves a P5 team.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This would be the most straightforward anti-trust case in history. Collude on rule setting, then boycott those that are not part of the cartel. Try this in any other industry, and you should start planning for an extended stay in Danbury Correctional.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Wouldn't that force ND to join a conference for real? They can't decide ND is a P5 team as an independent can they? If that's the case, we could just call ourselves a P5 team.
... And the same question for BYU... Though I wonder if the ACC 'affiliation' will give the P5 the ability to include them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom