A really puzzling game | The Boneyard

A really puzzling game

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
furnished by Dan Hurley
No he can't shoot for the players or dribble for the players BUT why no Sanogo in the final 5-8 minutes?
You needed a rim protector and someone to make some shots and that's what Adama provided before you yanked him
SJs used basically a 5 guard offense at the end and they were burning Polley, Cole and Adams yet there was no adjustments.
Ever thought of throwing in a zone?
Dan - you are a hell of a recruiter but your in game management - player usage and the basic X's and Os are mind boggling
Even an idiot like me could see the SJ train coming in the late part of the game but you just stared at the train's headlight and froze.
No you can't make free throws for the players but this game should not have been decided by missed free throws.
Mike Anderson took you to the shed today
Let's learn and move on
Rankings be damned

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
We should not have lost this one, but we should not have won at MQ. Let's call it a wash.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
why let St John's dictate who's on the court?

Shouldn't we be "imposing our will on them"?

bad game Danny, this ain't URI, we're not going to worship the ground you walk on (not yet anyhow)

Reaction Score
why let St John's dictate who's on the court?

Shouldn't we be "imposing our will on them"?

bad game Danny, this ain't URI, we're not going to worship the ground you walk on (not yet anyhow)

Nope not when you flat out crap yourself.

Does anyone know if there was a time out left in their pocket? I saw Dan look at Moore and Kimani after Polleys miss and the ensuing foul and thought he said "we should have called TO". I hope he didn't have one. Because in that case TO and then insert Sanogo for SURE.

Reaction Score
We should not have lost this one, but we should not have won at MQ. Let's call it a wash.
They ended up beating Marquette by 11 - not really sure I see the comparison.

It’s just one game, but these are the types of losses that can hurt if the team ends up on the bubble.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
They ended up beating Marquette by 11 - not really sure I see the comparison.

It’s just one game, but these are the types of losses that can hurt if the team ends up on the bubble.
There is no comparison. I'm just saying we came back from 18 on the road. Normally that doesn't happen. We should have lost that game. Just like we should have won this game. Just give me a like and keep it moving pal.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
furnished by Dan Hurley
No he can't shoot for the players or dribble for the players BUT why no Sanogo in the final 5-8 minutes?
You needed a rim protector and someone to make some shots and that's what Adama provided before you yanked him
SJs used basically a 5 guard offense at the end and they were burning Polley, Cole and Adams yet there was no adjustments.
Dan - you are a hell of a recruiter but your in game management - player usage and the basic X's and Os are mind boggling
Even an idiot like me could see the SJ train coming in the late part of the game but you just stared at the train's headlight and froze.
No you can't make free throws for the players but this game should not have been decided by missed free throws.
Let's learn and move on
Rankings be damned
Couldn't of said it any better. Next? Creighton. Ouch.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
There is no comparison. I'm just saying we came back from 18 on the road. Normally that doesn't happen. We should have lost that game. Just like we should have won this game. Just give me a like and keep it moving pal.
No. We never should have been down big to that team at Marquette. Never should have trailed in this game. When we played big we dominated every phase of the game. Both games we should have won.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
The offense we run is not efficient. Unless the goal is to get contested shots with under 10 seconds on the shot clock. Again, I'm at a loss trying to figure where the shots are supposed to come from in that offense. If teams play man to man against us we should park Polley in the corner and run a pick n roll to that side. At least a few times a game. There will be three viable scoring options on the play. This constant running around the three point line with high screens that free up no one has to stop. It works with Bouk because he can create his own shot but no one else can do that at the moment.

Reaction Score
furnished by Dan Hurley
Let's learn and move on
Rankings be damned
It’s not the first time this has occurred with Hurley. And given his extreme stubborn nature......won’t be the last.
His in game coaching, management of games and adjustments leave a lot to be desired. And have since he got here

im actually a little surprised that so many are shocked; great recruiter, seems to be a good motivator. But skills as coach; not great

Reaction Score
Really wearing out your ctrl- and C-keys today, huh?

Edit: I guess you're technically wearing out the ctrl- and V-keys. You really only needed to copy once.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Really wearing out your ctrl- and C-keys today, huh?

Edit: I guess you're technically wearing out the ctrl- and V-keys. You really only needed to copy once.
Just making sure that all the trolls hear my opinion. Glad you noticed.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
One thing that should happen is everyone should be practicing free throws

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member