A Question For Arm-Chair coaches..... | The Boneyard

A Question For Arm-Chair coaches.....

Reaction Score
Let's imagine that UCONN proceeds to the finals and , on Sunday morning, it appears Nika Muhl has turned the corner and is 100% healthy.

She has, of course, not been practicing or in a game since the injury occurred early in the tournament. And, UCONN has been having success with 6 players and ANNA as a seventh, if necessary.

What do you do?

Reaction Score
She isn't going to be 100 per cent by Sunday so your question is moot. Saying that if she can contribute and can shake off the rust of not playing I would maybe..maybe let her spell E for a few minutes IF we have the lead....

Reaction Score
Put Nika back in her old starting position. Geno says they are a different team with her in the lineup.
They became a different team after her injury. Hard to see them winning Baylor game without AE on the floor from the get go. Hope Nika is ready to play...as a 6 or 7.

Reaction Score
Bring her off the bench to cycle through giving the guards a breather. Like 15 or so minutes. That injury won't make her 100% on Sunday.
Or even fewer minutes. Main purpose to give Paige, Evina and Christyn a couple of minutes rest each half. They still could play 36 minutes in the game and Nika about 12. Remember all three of those players played 40 minutes against Baylor, and I think faded down the stretch. A repeat of those three playing the whole game could be a reason we come up short. If Nika can't go I think Anna in that minimal role would be better than playing all our wings 40 minutes.

Reaction Score
They became a different team after her injury. Hard to see them winning Baylor game without AE on the floor from the get go. Hope Nika is ready to play...as a 6 or 7.
From his presser two days ago Geno seemed to imply that the team with Nika is better because no one else on the team plays defense the way she does which is true. Plus she takes pressure off of our top offensive weapon and adds another outside threat that can spread the defense - things that Edwards can't do. Edwards played as much as Aubrey did in the Baylor game.

Reaction Score
From his presser two days ago Geno seemed to imply that the team with Nika is better because no one else on the team plays defense the way she does which is true. Plus she takes pressure off of our top offensive weapon and adds another outside threat that can spread the defense - things that Edwards can't do. Edwards played as much as Aubrey did in the Baylor game.
No argument with Nika’s abilities. And, Geno may want to start her if she’s ready to go. All I’m saying is that the best this team has played all year is with the starting 5 that we have seen in the last 3 games. If it ain’t broke.........

Reaction Score
Arizona isn't Baylor. ONO and Edwards may not both have to be on the court together but it would be great if Müle could spell the other 3 guards for a few minutes each in both halves.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
more importantly, no one else provides focus, intensity and determination like she does. ... of course, it's hard to believe nika's gonna be anywhere near 100% in coming days, certainly not by sunday

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Nika would start because she brings a better offensive flow to the team. Having 4 players capable of hitting 3s opens up the middle for dribble penetration and more room for the post to operate. It also gives Paige and Evina more options on the offensive end. Defensively the Huskies have great defenders and with Liya the toughness they have been lacking since Nurse. Nika brings in your face toughness with not just her physicality but the emotions this team was lacking! Geno knows what he has with Nika!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
That depends on the team First there is no way she's 100%. Second I'd like to see how AE plays against the opposing team's length and on the perimeter. Third if it's SCar she[ll get more minutes. If it's Stanford their length would demand that I play AE more.

Reaction Score
Let's imagine that UCONN proceeds to the finals and , on Sunday morning, it appears Nika Muhl has turned the corner and is 100% healthy.

She has, of course, not been practicing or in a game since the injury occurred early in the tournament. And, UCONN has been having success with 6 players and ANNA as a seventh, if necessary.

What do you do?
As an armchair coach LOL.. UConn keeps the player rotation number at 6 (+1). But Nika comes off the bench. Aubrey and Anna see much less playing time.

Reaction Score
Put Nika back in her old starting position. Geno says they are a different team with her in the lineup.
Not tonight. Muhl was not a factor at all. I don't think she was ready.

Reaction Score
Anna. She should have gone in by midpoint of first.Given what happened, that is probably the only move Geno could have made to change the outcome. It might well be his biggest coaching mistake.

Reaction Score
How is it even remotely the fault of the coach, that the entire team suddenly could not put the ball into the basket with any consistency?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Anna. She should have gone in by midpoint of first.Given what happened, that is probably the only move Geno could have made to change the outcome. It might well be his biggest coaching mistake.
I totally agree, best comment in the last 24hrs... thanks

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom