A Quarter of the Season Done - Where Are We? | The Boneyard

A Quarter of the Season Done - Where Are We?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
ON THE WAY UP!!!!! its called REBUILDING! now shutoff your computers and return in 2 yrs.. thanks for calling

Reaction Score
I think the next two games will really determine how well we do the season. A winnable game on the road and a decent opponent at home the following week.

Reaction Score
We've got gas left in the tank. Relatively healthy (due respect to CC's loss). Improving slowly. Some very young guys seeing time. It ain't over.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Where are 'we'?

Fairly simple: Clearly not enough players to be good. We'll know on Friday if this team has enough to at least make the season interesting or if we are just passing time until 2016.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Just to be on the record since BNich scolded me: I totally understand the notion that there are issues of a magnitude that requires they be addressed before working on tactical in-game situations. I applaud HCBD for having the fortitude to have a plan and to stick to it -- not cutting corners. That's a powerful message to the players. I remain convinced that he was a great hire and I think that will be a consensus opinion by the end of this season. I also think that 'preparation phase' was a pretty funny construct and I'm having fun with it. Lets not take ourselves too seriously, eh?

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Where are we?

'You know where you are
You're in the jungle baby'

Actually we are probably right where many thought we would be. 1-2 with losses against better teams. Time to lower the substitution rate, get some continuity and leave 85 on the field more, find the bell cow RB and get the line moving forward.
Its time to put up!

Reaction Score

I'd say we are right on track. By Diaco's third year i predict this program will be transformed to WINNING/CHAMPIONSHIP caliber. I have been reading up on Hayden Fry and it's amazing how HGBD mirrors much of what he learned from coach Fry! In the book "Beyond the X's and O's co-author Tom Berthel writes: "Over the course of a very successful career, Hayden took on three losing programs. He CHOSE these programs because everything screamed, "You can't" . The players and coaches were used to getting their butts kicked every Saturday. They were used to be told, "You can't win," and whether they knew it or not, they were hungry for someone to believe in them again. Coach Fry walked into their lives, got in their face and said, "Pick up the ball and get back on the field, and show the world that you are winners." A losing attitude was never an option for a Hayden Fry-coached team. Hayden loves the psychology of motivating people in the face of "You can't".

Next, Hayden turned his attention to the players, assistant coaches and fans. The Hawk eyes weren't winning yet. In fact it wasn't until his third season at Iowa that the winning would officially begin. But in Hayden's mind, the winning had already commenced and he never passed up an opportunity to generate a vote of confidence. " Where I come from," he likes to say, "it's called selling the sizzle before the steak"

During the 5 years prior to Hayden's arrival Bob Cummings (HCPP) left with an unpopular record of 18-37. Hayden never flinched. A couple of loses and a few angry fans were not going to change his commitment to winning or his confidence in his teams ability to do so. He never stopped looking, acting, or talking like a winner! (From beyond the X's and O's)

SOUND FAMILIAR BOYS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul