A (possibly fake?) high school apparently duped its way into playing on ESPN (FootballScoop) | The Boneyard

A (possibly fake?) high school apparently duped its way into playing on ESPN (FootballScoop)

Reaction Score
North Carolina?

After reading this I'm dying to cheer for these guys. Who do they play in CT?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Found it...
SquarePic_20210830_11261494.jpg

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Crazy...interesting. St Thomas More, sort of the outsiders of the local CT private/prep school network has signed up to visit the virtual HS in Ohio. They should visit that field/stadium ahead of the visit.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Edit update - link to the story....this is some bad stuff.... ESPN was tipped off but aired this anyway? And IMG agreed to schedule this game? IMG looking back here - they are supposed to be a serious organization, not a fly by night scam operation.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Is it okay to chuckle at the T-Shirt comment? Barstool will be printing them by morning.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Can't believe a link to the broadcast remains available. Just listen to the announcers try to treat the game seriously when its clear with each snap one team is a highly questionable. Btw, on Sycamore's first possession they when for it on their own 29 on a 4th and 1 and got stuffed. 4th and 1 on your 29 eight minutes into the game down 7-0. My god. 24 min mark if you care to see.

Edit note: can't seem to link to it, but the link to watch the game via awful announcing works...check it out before they manage to block it.

Reaction Score
Edit update - link to the story....this is some bad stuff.... ESPN was tipped off but aired this anyway? And IMG agreed to schedule this game? IMG looking back here - they are supposed to be a serious organization, not a fly by night scam operation.

IMG is not a beacon of all that is right. It's a factory that overlooks bad behavior. I've dated a teacher at IMG.

Reaction Score
There’s gotta be a UConn Football joke in here about a fake team getting itself on TV. The commentary about what a mismatch this was makes me more nervous to play Clemson.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I feel bad for the kids or young men. My guess they are looking for something to extend their playing careers and playing on national TV was one way for them to do it.

I blame the adults who are using these players for their own advancement.

I actually watched part of the game as I was looking for football to watch. They look over matched big time. One or two players looked okay, but they were playing basically a JUCO/BCS team.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
proving, once again, that 'broadcasters' are desperate for content, cuz, ya know, draft kings, etc, and that whole ball of sports/gambling garbage.
'fake news' is moar real than it's ever been. when u hear the nonstop gambling baloney on wfan, or mike lappatino (mike lappatino!) on wplr hawking gambling companies, well, ya know, .....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom