A positive Daily Campus article on UConn’s future | The Boneyard

A positive Daily Campus article on UConn’s future

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
Time to buy those UCONN shades!
1555168628298.png

Reaction Score
Nice article. With Nelson-Ododa already becoming a force inside and with her development in the off-season, she will no doubt be a major difference for UConn. Christyn will come back stronger. Megan, who has become so solid looking all-around, will be an even greater force next season. Chrystal is going to play like one of the greatest point guards ever. She's got some kinks to work out, but I think her game is going to be a whole lot cleaner next year. And I think the bench is on the verge of a huge breakout in regards to their contribution. Molly, Batouly, Mikayla, etc....

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I agree that Aubrey is likely to be a starter, unless we get a more experienced foreigner or transfer. Aubrey needs to get stronger and more experienced, but she's long, fast, and athletic, almost like Diamond DeShields.

Reaction Score
I agree that Aubrey is likely to be a starter, unless we get a more experienced foreigner or transfer. Aubrey needs to get stronger and more experienced, but she's long, fast, and athletic, almost like Diamond DeShields.
The article is a good one, but it shows that right now next year’s team is even thinner than this year’s team off the bench. If the freshman starts, than who on earth will he count on off the bench, since he has already shown he really doesn’t completely trust any of them.

Reaction Score
You are more than likely correct, you know more about Griffin than I. Yet, if Coomb can pick up a shot (any shot), with her Defense and knowledge of the programs plays etc and Geno's propensity to take experience over Frosh, I tend to think Griffin isn't a shoe in, with Coombs getting the edge.
Any talent Geno can pull from his hat will be needed and welcomed. I'd like to see a 6 ft 13 inch show up from anywhere as long as she can play top level Div one BB.

Reaction Score
The article is a good one, but it shows that right now next year’s team is even thinner than this year’s team off the bench. If the freshman starts, than who on earth will he count on off the bench, since he has already shown he really doesn’t completely trust any of them.
You are so right! The Nov Team, without infusion, and as it stands, would appear to be lacking in a Ball Magnet (Collier) an inside scorer (Collier), a consistent 3 ball shooter (KLS) an a big that can rebound and run the ball up the floor (KLS).
Assuming ONO is making the strides I believe she is in both defense, mobility, and scoring she will make up some for losing Collier. If CW and Megan show their bright lights in defense and scoring, Uconn will miss KLS much less. Danger, a terrific PG, will return. Griffin, if she isn't frightened off by any deer in her headlights should be an asset, Coombs in defense alone will be an asset. Without an additional big, Coach Rick believes touly will be repaired and recovered for Nov, I hope so, Coach usually isn't wrong. What a biggie that would be.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
As our team stands now, to get to our usual 80 ppg, we would need Crystal, Megan and Christyn to average 20 with Aubrey and Liv 10. I suppose the bench may get more minutes and find 10 pts?

A lot to ask.

Reaction Score
Geno needs a solid post next year that he could slide into the starting lineup. Hopefully a 6'3/4 post that can rebound. Also Anna who is an experienced guard and UCONN would be fine. The post could possibly be a graduate transfer so she would be able to play immediately.

Reaction Score
How much time are coaches allowed to work individually with the players? and how much time do they spend in the weight room?

Reaction Score

When was he ever confident of his bench? In the 24 years starting with the 1st title I can't remember more than once or twice. And yet there are 11 trophies. The bench always looks thin in mid-April, when the loss of the seniors is at the front of our minds. But players do develop.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom