A Player Who Deserves our Praise | The Boneyard

A Player Who Deserves our Praise

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Haven't seen much talk about this, but I just want to say how impressed I am with Donovan Williams. Think for a moment about how much adversity he's dealt with going from HCBD saying he'd be an All American and being thrown to the wolves to save the coach's job to not even having a spot at QB. Made some decent plays for us last year and he shows a lot of heart...anyone would understand if he left, but he's stuck it out and worked his tail off to see the field in any way he can

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Agreed. Hope to see more of him in certain packages because he did a nice job...

Reaction Score
Funny I was just thinking of how Diaco "threw him to the wolves" while also saying to the media he had more ability than any quarterback in the country. Nothing like heaping unrealistic expectations on a kid during a lost season.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Funny I was just thinking of how Diaco "threw him to the wolves" while also saying to the media he had more ability than any quarterback in the country. Nothing like heaping unrealistic expectations on a kid during a lost season.

I’ve seen a lot of crazy stuff in sports.

I grew rooting for just terrible teams.

I’ve never had a reaction like I did when I was walking into the Rent as the first drive started and heard ‘At Quarterback #15 Donovan Williams’.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I’ve seen a lot of crazy stuff in sports.

I grew rooting for just terrible teams.

I’ve never had a reaction like I did when I was walking into the Rent as the first drive started and heard ‘At Quarterback #15 Donovan Williams’.

Same. At that moment I knew he was as good as gone. On a short week...with a new OC. Just unbelievable idiocy

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Same. At that moment I knew he was as good as gone. On a short week...with a new OC. Just unbelievable idiocy

The crazy thing is if he accepted Jerry Kill he would have come back for another year.

Maybe Kill would have been good enough to flip two games. 2-10 with another Diaco class? That’s setting up a program for 2-34 if Kill doesn’t end up head coach.

Reaction Score
The crazy thing is if he accepted Jerry Kill he would have come back for another year.

Maybe Kill would have been good enough to flip two games. 2-10 with another Diaco class? That’s setting up a program for 2-34 if Kill doesn’t end up head coach.
That would have ended up a disaster too ...he may not be coming back as OC at RU due to his health issues.

Reaction Score
I give him credit for going really hard at the wall of 3 guys in front of the punter, everytime I watched. Also noticed against Missouri they had an absolute bowling ball covering kicks (he was listed at something like 5'10" 250) each one he went right for Donovan who ended up on his back on most of those. There were a lot of kickoffs too...Tough guy #15 is

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom