A perfect ending to Reno | The Boneyard

A perfect ending to Reno

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Now back in Connecticut after the red eye from Reno on Thursday night. We spent an extra day there after the Tuesday night game in order to see some of the surrounding area.

The Reno area is truly wonderful. In just a hour one can visit Lake Tahoe… or Virginia City (remember Bonanza?)… or the desert with the remnants of an ice-age lake inside a Paiute Indian Reservation.

A few last pictures...

P_20171128_214451_vHDR_On (2).jpg

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Those are some great pictures, CTY.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
The least you could do is post a bad photo.

Reaction Score
Great photos. My wife and I did the cross country road trip this spring and spent a few days in and around Reno

LasVegasYank

Never pay retail for anything.
Reaction Score
Nice pics. Flew to Reno from LV after checking out of our hotel after a thirteen-day stay. Got back to Circus Circus after the game and police were all over the area and prohibited us from using the valet (they said there was an active shooter in the area). Had to park in the garage. Got to bed and up at 3:30 for our 6:00am flight back to Las Vegas and our last night at our daughter's house (she went with us to Reno). Up at 6:00 for our flight back to Tampa via Dallas/Fort Worth. Arrived home at 7:30pm and virtually collapsed. My wife's back wet out yesterday and we made an appointment with our local chiropractor for 9 this morning and then out for breakfast.

Leaving now for Publix to restock the fridge, the last errand to return us to normalcy.

Free at last, free at last! Thank God Almighty, we're free at last! (Thanks MLK).

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I saw Tahoe, Mono Lake, and Yosemite on the same day. I was blown away as a 24-year-old grad student. I've been back only to Tahoe.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Looks like you made the most of your trip. Nice pictures!

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I saw Tahoe, Mono Lake, and Yosemite on the same day. I was blown away as a 24-year-old grad student. I've been back only to Tahoe.

That's a nice trifecta. I love the east side of the Sierras. I've driven up and down that stretch of 395 several times. First time was when my brother was stationed at Edwards AFB. I flew into Ontario and then we drove up north from the base. I got hooked on it, since his career took him elsewhere I've driven down from Seattle several times.

Reaction Score
Just asked her...
I meant how did you manage to get close enough to ask? I thought the players basically avoid the public by getting off their bus in a secret location, sometimes inside the venue itself, then go to the locker room and then the court.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Now back in Connecticut after the red eye from Reno on Thursday night. We spent an extra day there after the Tuesday night game in order to see some of the surrounding area.

The Reno area is truly wonderful. In just a hour one can visit Lake Tahoe… or Virginia City (remember Bonanza?)… or the desert with the remnants of an ice-age lake inside a Paiute Indian Reservation.

A few last pictures...

View attachment 26626
Great photos, especially the one with Gabby. Happy for you and for us!

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
I meant how did you manage to get close enough to ask? I thought the players basically avoid the public by getting off their bus in a secret location, sometimes inside the venue itself, then go to the locker room and then the court.

I've never felt that way about our team. They have been always approachable and have been very gracious. I think it's part of the CD training manual. Gabby was very accommodating.

Reaction Score
I've never felt that way about our team. They have been always approachable and have been very gracious. I think it's part of the CD training manual. Gabby was very accommodating.
I was just wondering if you were staying at the same hotel or how did you get to the area where they take the players from bus to locker room (usually no public access) that's really what piqued my curiosity. The players aren't usually accessible, or even visible, to the public coming and going.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom