Methuselah's older brother
- Aug 26, 2011
- Expected catastrophic defeat. Pleasantly surprised by encouraging defeat.
- Wished Carlton would have continued his recent inspired play, but his problems against skilled interior players really showed themselves today. Not sure what's worse. Fouling out in just 14 minutes of playing time or getting 1 point, 1 board and 1 assist in 14 minutes. I guess if he had played 30 minutes, we'd have been in even worse shape.
- Carlton's lack of minutes did let us see some crisp passing from Cobb, which might help in the remaining games, as few as they are.
- Once again, we won the battle of the boards by getting it done on the offensive boards. But once again, getting a lot of offensive board requires a lot of opportunities, and that requires a lot of missed shots.
- Sid taking advantage of the minutes. 6 boards, 3 blocks and 16 points is a good day's work.
- Brendan. I think I remember him looking more promising than Terrance Myth at some point this season. Seems like a lifetime ago.
- Nice of Tyler to rediscover his shot.
- CV's not programmed to be a ball handler. His scoring skills are on spot up Js and dunking on breaks. Give him the ball and ask him to create and you might get 6 dimes out of him, but you're probably going to get 7 TOs too. Which we got today, along with a shooting efficiency reminiscent of CV's freshman year.
- Somehow, even with the turnovers and the off shooting night, Christian still comes out a net positive for the game, having been responsible for 24% of our boards, 46% of our assists and 60% of our steals.
- It goes without saying that we aren't nearly as good a team without AG and JA. With both of them, if the rest of the guys played like they did today, we would have won his game going away. But would the rest of the team play as well if our star guards weren't MIA? I suspect they would have deferred as they have all season, rather than going in with reckless abandon.