A Penny for you ThoughtZ™ | The Boneyard

A Penny for you ThoughtZ™

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. Expected catastrophic defeat. Pleasantly surprised by encouraging defeat.
  2. Wished Carlton would have continued his recent inspired play, but his problems against skilled interior players really showed themselves today. Not sure what's worse. Fouling out in just 14 minutes of playing time or getting 1 point, 1 board and 1 assist in 14 minutes. I guess if he had played 30 minutes, we'd have been in even worse shape.
  3. Carlton's lack of minutes did let us see some crisp passing from Cobb, which might help in the remaining games, as few as they are.
  4. Once again, we won the battle of the boards by getting it done on the offensive boards. But once again, getting a lot of offensive board requires a lot of opportunities, and that requires a lot of missed shots.
  5. Sid taking advantage of the minutes. 6 boards, 3 blocks and 16 points is a good day's work.
  6. Brendan. I think I remember him looking more promising than Terrance Myth at some point this season. Seems like a lifetime ago.
  7. Nice of Tyler to rediscover his shot.
  8. CV's not programmed to be a ball handler. His scoring skills are on spot up Js and dunking on breaks. Give him the ball and ask him to create and you might get 6 dimes out of him, but you're probably going to get 7 TOs too. Which we got today, along with a shooting efficiency reminiscent of CV's freshman year.
  9. Somehow, even with the turnovers and the off shooting night, Christian still comes out a net positive for the game, having been responsible for 24% of our boards, 46% of our assists and 60% of our steals.
  10. It goes without saying that we aren't nearly as good a team without AG and JA. With both of them, if the rest of the guys played like they did today, we would have won his game going away. But would the rest of the team play as well if our star guards weren't MIA? I suspect they would have deferred as they have all season, rather than going in with reckless abandon.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
  1. Expected catastrophic defeat. Pleasantly surprised by encouraging defeat.
  2. Wished Carlton would have continued his recent inspired play, but his problems against skilled interior players really showed themselves today. Not sure what's worse. Fouling out in just 14 minutes of playing time or getting 1 point, 1 board and 1 assist in 14 minutes. I guess if he had played 30 minutes, we'd have been in even worse shape.
  3. Carlton's lack of minutes did let us see some crisp passing from Cobb, which might help in the remaining games, as few as they are.
  4. Once again, we won the battle of the boards by getting it done on the offensive boards. But once again, getting a lot of offensive board requires a lot of opportunities, and that requires a lot of missed shots.
  5. Sid taking advantage of the minutes. 6 boards, 3 blocks and 16 points is a good day's work.
  6. Brendan. I think I remember him looking more promising than Terrance Myth at some point this season. Seems like a lifetime ago.
  7. Nice of Tyler to rediscover his shot.
  8. CV's not programmed to be a ball handler. His scoring skills are on spot up Js and dunking on breaks. Give im the ball and ask him to create and you might get 6 dimes out of him, but you're probably going to get 7 TOs too. Which we got today, along with a shooting efficiency reminiscent of CV's freshman year.
  9. Somehow, even with the turnovers and the off shooting night, Christian still comes out a net positive for the game, having been responsible for 24% of our boards, 46% of our assists and 60% of our steals.
  10. It goes without saying that we aren't nearly as good a team without AG and JA. With both of them, if the rest of the guys played like they did today, we would have won his game going away. But would the rest of the team play as well if our star guards weren't MIA? I suspect they would have deferred as they have all season, rather than going in with reckless abandon.

Point 9 is so true. Vital is involved constantly. On a team where he is the 3rd option, he is a guy who helps you win games, but he will never be a PG. His rebounding from the guard position is noteworthy. Have we had guards average this many? Napier was close to 6 a game as a senior. Have we had others?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Carlton is just not ready to be effective against athletic bigs. He is too mechanical and just lacks the quickness to get anything done. I so wish Cobb had some more time because he has a lot of talent. I said this earlier in the year and some lost it, but from a pure talent standpoint he is as good as a big as we have ever had. I'm talking CV, Shonn Miller, Uncle Spliffy, etc. In that Cobb led the break yesterday and delivered a beautiful dime, he passed out of the double team, he has a post game, and he has some range on his J. I could count on one hand the guys who we've had who could do that. He's also horrendous defensively and often tries to do too much and being a senior on this team, there's little point in him playing.

With CV, he'll always be a net positive because he does give us so much. But his handle/decision making is just so suspect. On a really good team, he'd be a fabulous first/second guard off the bench. On this team, he's got to be the 1st or 2nd scorer, our best defender, our best rebounder, and our energy guy all in one. That's a lot to ask.

Overall, I thought we battled and you've got to be happy about that. I still hate seeing the fundamental lapses as that's more mental than physical. I mean, Sid, you were great. But box someone out once, please?

Friendship

Filled With My Husky Friends
Reaction Score
Vital is clearly our leader and best player on this squad. Excited to see what he can do next season with an improved roster and AG healthy (hopefully)

Reaction Score
It's really hard to find something positive in this injury nightmare, but Sid having to assert himself may be the biggest benefit. What we saw yesterday is what we hoped we would be getting -- attacking the basket off the dribble, using his athleticism on defense, running the floor and finishing. Hopefully this experience pays dividends next season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom