A pat on the back for Gaffney | Page 2 | The Boneyard

A pat on the back for Gaffney

Reaction Score
Most of that late run was with Gaffney in the game. Lately anytime he's in the game they've been getting outscored. That dunk seemed to energize him. Hopefully he gained some confidence going forward because they really need him as a 2nd ball handler when they're ahead and trying to close games out.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Way too early to speculate about Cole/PG position for next year.. A season for each player has its ups and downs/ebbs and flows.. It was good to see Gaff make some positive contributions based on some recent performances.

Softer part of the schedule as we trend towards the Nova game.. Guard play/ball handling/closing out games/making FTs will be important.
This is the Boneyard. It's not too early to speculate about 2028. :cool:

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
There's this great 4'6" PG out of Hartford... :D
Cripes!! He better be in line for some sort of growth spurt!!! My 4th grader towers over 4"-6"!! ;)

Reaction Score
Gaff et is not a strong enough player to move the needle when things aren’t going right for the team against better competition. But he can sub in and provide steady play if a couple of other players are hitting their marks. If Tyler is hot does it really matter who’s feeding him the ball? He was able to move the needle against Butler when the team needed him. And that will be more so I think as the team hits the stretch run.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Gaffney being Gaffney (just like Polley and so many others) he will likely have many more ups and downs through the season. It’s great to see him do well in an important piece of a must-win game. Hopefully he can figure out what it takes to bring that same skill and energy in the future to be a key part of a big run.

Reaction Score
“When a team is built together, and when guys spend 11 months a year together, and a guy’s in his junior year, it’s a family,” Hurley said. “It hasn’t been fun for any of us watching him not play well, but hopefully this is the beginning of him being the guy we need him to be.”

Free access link:
Struggling Jalen Gaffney was the ‘unsung hero’ of the UConn basketball team’s win at Butler

Reaction Score
I still think Gaff figures it out this year. It’s there. I recall that game his freshman year against Houston at home. He was a completely different player. His give a duckk meter needs to go way down. He’s too tentative. He needs to just play and let the chips fall where they may. But he can’t revert to basically just getting in cardio and being a non factor

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Gaffney's a good dude who can help us if he can get it together. I like having a coach that doesn't bury guys who are working hard.
“When a team is built together, and when guys spend 11 months a year together, and a guy’s in his junior year, it’s a family,” Hurley said. “It hasn’t been fun for any of us watching him not play well, but hopefully this is the beginning of him being the guy we need him to be.”

Free access link:
Struggling Jalen Gaffney was the ‘unsung hero’ of the UConn basketball team’s win at Butler
@Waquoit , you like this Hurley quote, eh?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom