A Note On Energy | The Boneyard

A Note On Energy

Status
Not open for further replies.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I couldn't help but notice watching highlights from other games tonight just how little comparable energy there was around the team and fanbase. I see James Franklin and the Vandy staff breakdancing during practice, Rob Ambrose's postgame speech, the energy shown by the IU players on the field in a total nothing game against Indiana State...

...then there was UConn. Not just as the embarrassment unfolded, but in the quotes/practice highlights leading into the game and of course during...it was just going through the motions.

Where is the passion? Where is the fire? Where is the drive?

I don't know if it matters. Maybe it doesn't. But seeing how much fun EVERY OTHER TEAM AND FANBASE IN THE SPORT was having and then watching this disaster was just extra-depressing.

PP wasn't going to magically change for year three. It wasn't going to suddenly start working just because. So, bringing him back...what's the friggin point? Why? To save what?

Note: I was totally, incredibly, unquestionably wrong about Rob Ambrose. The results are what they are, and the guy can really coach. It's a shame the old regime held him back so much, but compared to this, its frickin Lombardi.

Reaction Score
Towson was loose and energized. We seemed tight and mechanical. They seemed to sense very early they could play with us and that buoyed them even more.

Reaction Score
there was no energy in the building last night. no juice. the coach is disconnected from his players. he is even disconnected from his staff. they Dont play with any passion. the crowd didnt help last night (i mean do you really need to hear guns & roses to know its is third down ) i have been going to games there since it opened, and last night was by far the lowest i have felt about this program. there was alot to be exiced about , the new scoreboard (which is really nice) & although i dont really like the front part of the helmet, i like the white, the unis looked pretty darn good, student section was the best i've seen it with regards to staying into the 3rd qtr. I've never heard more people pissed off..... very concerned .... very

Reaction Score
I posted about this topic about 2 weeks ago and got shot down by a few on here. I was talking about the fact that there appeared to be a lack of swag or confidence and all of the quotes to the media talked about how basically their sights were set on 6 wins and a bowl victory. Almost as if that would make them happy. Not one person went out on a limb a declared that we will be significantly better. We are ready to beat every team on the schedule. We are scared of no one. Instead it was a bunch of tamed mediocre expectations from all of them, as if 6-6 would be a triumphant season. And low and behold they come out in the first game and lay that egg. NO swag, NO confidence, NO fire, NO desire, NO urgency, Completely scared of making a mistake. There couldn't have been a better example of that than the first offensive possession.....Near pick on a terribly predictably thrown ball, followed by a 6 yard rush, and then instead of being confident to throw on 3 and 4 a weak 3 yard happy to be off the field run for 3 and out......

Reaction Score
Sandstorm is my favorite gauge. We have not played a single game in the PP era where our team danced to it more than the other team.

It's one TIGHT football team and they all hate playing for it. No, I don't know any players and can't confirm that. Just saying - that is the definite sense that I get.

The fact we ever made a Fiesta Bowl will make your grandkids spit out their milk some day.

Reaction Score
Sandstorm is my favorite gauge. We have not played a single game in the PP era where our team danced to it more than the other team.

It's one TIGHT football team and they all hate playing for it. No, I don't know any players and can't confirm that. Just saying - that is the definite sense that I get.

The fact we ever made a Fiesta Bowl will make your grandkids spit out their milk some day.

I also use Sandstorm and We Ready as a gauge.....In the past our boys have been moving and grooving looking like they are ready to knock someone out in a 10 round fight.....Instead we stand around and do light stretching, looking like we don't know what to do with ourselves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom