A new record! | The Boneyard

A new record!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
Not the team, me! An hour after seeing the game, the stats sheet is updated and available for download here.

The team did a great job of responding to my complaints about turnovers and transition scoring tonight. NOW what will I complain about?

Nothing.

Great effort & focus against a well-trained and disciplined team. Nothing's ever perfect (as I'm sure Geno will tell them) but I'm amazed by the improvement in team play from game to game.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Great effort & focus against a well-trained and disciplined team. Nothing's ever perfect (as I'm sure Geno will tell them) but I'm amazed by the improvement in team play from game to game.
And CD said the coaches haven't been able to teach a lot yet because the number of games in such a short time period.

The rest of the NCAA tournament field weeps.

Reaction Score
Great spreadsheet. So much data and really well organized. Numbers don't lie !!! Thank you.

Reaction Score
Thanks so much!!

What jumps out (to me) is: the long minutes of Lou, Pheesa, and Kia (Gabby was foul-saddled, so her minutes are misleading). And now with Crystal coming on, I guess we can look at those 4 playing up to 35 minutes/game. Which is why Geno's trying to develop Molly and Kyla every chance he gets.

Saniya has only attempted 12 shots in 4 games! (Actually, probably most of those were in the 4th Q of the Baylor game, I bet). Wow.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Thanks so much!!

What jumps out (to me) is: the long minutes of Lou, Pheesa, and Kia (Gabby was foul-saddled, so her minutes are misleading). And now with Crystal coming on, I guess we can look at those 4 playing up to 35 minutes/game. Which is why Geno's trying to develop Molly and Kyla every chance he gets.

Saniya has only attempted 12 shots in 4 games! (Actually, probably most of those were in the 4th Q of the Baylor game, I bet). Wow.
4 Q of the FSU game, but yeah - that is something she has to start doing more of - she is a good spot of shooter and good at getting through traffic, but she is just too reluctant to do that in most games - you want the guards look for good passes, but also pulling the trigger when they get the good pass themselves.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
A category I like to see(not often in the UConn box scores) is Points in the Paint.
This year UConn has made the following baskets in the paint in their first 4 games
FSU - 15
Baylor - 13
LSU - 8
Dayton - 25

Last years team, a much more seasoned team, with 3 great seniors, had the following results in their first 4 games
OhioSt - 23
KSU - 27
Neb - 22
Chatt - 28

Obviously yesterdays game vs Dayton was more UConn like, and hopefully a positive result going down the road.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
4 Q of the FSU game, but yeah - that is something she has to start doing more of - she is a good spot of shooter and good at getting through traffic, but she is just too reluctant to do that in most games - you want the guards look for good passes, but also pulling the trigger when they get the good pass themselves.

I am in mild agreement, but I wouldn't want a change in that cutting into her A/TO ratio of 5.0!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Not the team, me! An hour after seeing the game, the stats sheet is updated and available for download here.

The team did a great job of responding to my complaints about turnovers and transition scoring tonight. NOW what will I complain about?

Nothing.

Why can't I double like this spreadsheet?

Reaction Score
And CD said the coaches haven't been able to teach a lot yet because the number of games in such a short time period.

The rest of the NCAA tournament field weeps.
This is true of many teams, some of whom have already played a few more games than UConn has. Coaches of teams that have played 5-6-7 games in the first couple of weeks of the season are undoubtedly looking forward to a bit of a break.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
A category I like to see(not often in the UConn box scores) is Points in the Paint.
This year UConn has made the following baskets in the paint in their first 4 games
FSU - 15
Baylor - 13
LSU - 8
Dayton - 25

Last years team, a much more seasoned team, with 3 great seniors, had the following results in their first 4 games
OhioSt - 23
KSU - 27
Neb - 22
Chatt - 28

Obviously yesterdays game vs Dayton was more UConn like, and hopefully a positive result going down the road.

I don't expect the numbers we saw from last year's team. That's not realistic and not really fair to the present team.

Points in the Paint may improve as the season unfolds and I hope it does. This is a different team, with a different personality and different skill sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom